Wednesday, July 11, 2012

REVIEW: EVERMORE BY ALYSON NOEL.

Title: Evermore
Author: Alyson Noel
Series: The Immortals #1
Edition: Paperback
Publication: February 3, 2009 by St. Martin's Press
Source: Bought
Pages: 367
Genre: Paranormal, Romance

Synopsis:

Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch.   Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste . . .

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition.  He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets.  Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head.  She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is.  Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

This series isn't due to be read yet till about 3 more weeks but because Alyson Noel will be signing books here on the 20th, might as well read it ahead of its schedule. Paranoia presented itself that she might ask questions like who is my favorite character or what is my favorite scene (the likes) and I don't wanna embarrass myself infront of an author by pretending that I actually read her series.

I've mentioned on Twitter that I was trying not to compare books. Aside from I think its unnecessary, its unethical especially unfair to the authors. But as a reader, I just couldn't stop myself from doing it. This book is actually similar to a lot of the previous ones I've read and if I'll be reviewing it this way, this wouldn't even get a single star. But but but, I feel that I am being my best if I focus ONLY on the book itself so let's go ahead and make the review. LOL

As a teen who just lost her whole family and blames herself for it, Ever is tough. I admire her courage to hold herself together after such a huge loss. Being a clairvoyant after the accident didn't help her at all. It made her lose her old habits and mostly herself because she opted to hide under baggy, hooded clothes and bust her eardrums with goth music just to shut the thoughts down. It is creepy for others but I understand when she couldn't let go of Riley, her ghost sister. The first few chapters I think were the most exciting part in this book. Maybe because those are the parts where Ever was still trying to figure out what has happened to her and how she could handle her "gifts". Those were also the parts where she and Damen kept on trying to figure out their feelings for each other because they seemed to fight every time. I kind of predicted what Ever's really going through and on that part where Drina was about to kill her, I thought I was right. Summerland was just a bit confusing for me as well as Damen.

Though I kind of heard the story before, the twists this has was just quite enjoyable. If Alyson would ask me who my favorite character was, it would definitely be BUTTERCUP!

"I guess by now I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing someone-you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...