Tuesday, October 30, 2012

REVIEW: CARRIER OF THE MARK BY LEIGH FALLON.

Title: Carrier of the Mark
Author: Leigh Fallon
Series: Carrier Trilogy #1
Edition: Paperback
Publication: October 1st 2011 by HarperTeen
Source: Bought from FullyBooked
Pages: 342
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Urban Fantasy

Synopsis:

Their love was meant to be.

When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRÍs.

But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.

PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

Seeing mixed reviews about a premise so promising made me grab a copy. This is Leigh Fallon's debut novel and first of HarperTeen to publish from Inkpop website. It took me few weeks to read this because of my reading schedule and am just so proud to say that this is the first book I finished in one sitting. I am usually a slow reader. Reading this after so many dystopian books helped me relax and it really did refresh my mind.

Megan Rosenberg and her dad Caleb, moved from US to Ireland because of a new job. They've been constantly moving after her mom died in a car accident and she feels that this move would be just like what they've done before. Little did she know, her high school life will never be the same and her whole life would unfold in front of her.

I always adore a story when its built outside the usual. Paris, Egypt and this time, its in Ireland. I loved how Fallon describes the setting that it transports me. Plus the Irish accent is also something new and its so funny how my brain tries so hard to read with the accent! You wouldn't get lost in this world yet Fallon made sure that one would enjoy the journey.

The story had its ups and downs though. I tried looking at the story without having to compare but I just couldn't help it. The down part for me would be the strong similarities with Twilight and actually at one point, I was waiting for the story to reveal that someone could read thoughts too. And am glad it didn't because Fallon saved the best for last. The rest are the up parts especially the characters. I didn't really like Megan as much as I liked Aine and Rian but I am swooning over Adam! But my favorites really are the adults, Caleb and Fionn. They really captured my heart. Really. They showed so much compassion for their children and made me love this story more.

Shadow of the Mark will not be released until July of next year and I just couldn't wait for it to sway me off my feet again! This book is such a swoon-worthy light read that would make you smile and cry at the same time!

"I no longer wanted to feel displaced."
"Love is never worth giving up on."
"We can’t bet our lives away on something that might be. We can cross that bridge if we come to it."

6 comments:

  1. I've been hearing a lot about this book and I think I should really read it soon! Great review! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got mixed reviews on Goodreads and am glad I liked it! Thank you Sarika!

      Delete
  2. I really liked Carrier of the Mark! It was a quick, fast-past read... and I liked how it was set in Ireland. My only qualms about the book were mostly related to the practically instant romance between the two main characters; it could have been developed a bit more. But still, I'm excited to see what will happen next in Shadow of the Mark! Great review!

    Liz @ Midnight Bloom Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya Liz! How are you? It was initially my issue with it but I thought of just giving it a chance and not focus on the annoying part HAHA! glad you liked the book, too! :)

      Delete
  3. I read this book a while ago...I need to reread it! I remember really liking the story! And I love it when stories are set in countries other than my own, too! The accents are fun to play with :)

    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have nothing against US but I really love when an author sets a story outside the country. :D Am soooo glad we liked the story becauzse if you read those posted on Goodreads, they didn't like it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...