Thursday, November 27, 2014

REVIEW: SILENCE (HUSH, HUSH #3) BY BECCA FITZPATRICK.

Title: Silence (Hush, Hush #3)
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Edition: Hardbound (Signed)
Published: October 4, 2011
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers
Pages: 448
Source: Bought from National Bookstore
Genre: Romance, Paranormal (Angels)
Trailer: Here.

Synopsis:

WHEN SILENCE IS ALL THAT'S LEFT, CAN THE TRUTH FINALLY BE HEARD?

Nora Grey can't remember the past five months of her life. After the initial shock of waking up in a cemetery and being told that she has been missing for weeks - with no one knowing where she was or who she was with - she tried to get her life back on track. Go to school, hang out with her best friend, Vee, and dodge mom's creepy new boyfriend.

But there is this voice in the back of her head, an idea that she can almost reach out and touch. Visions of angel wings and unearthly creatures that have nothing to do with the life she knows.

And this unshakable feeling that a part of her is missing.

Then Nora crosses paths with a sexy stranger, whom she feels a mesmerizing connection to. He seems to hold all the answers...and her heart. Every minute she spends with him grows more and more intense until she realizes she could be falling in love. Again.
Nora woke up in a cemetery not remembering anything in the past 5 months of her life. The last thing she could remember was her biology test. She couldn't settle with what information she was given so she tried to learn what truly happened to her on her own. She found out Hank Millar was dating her mother, she missed school, she became friends with Marcie Millar, Vee lied to her and she couldn't remember who's Patch. In trying to stitch iffy events, her memories were slowly coming back and the truth not only hurt but ignited a rage she didn't know she's capable to feel. She has to do something about the welfare of her mother and the boy she loves most at the expense she's willing to pay -- even if that means she'll have to fight Patch.

The pull I felt while reading Hush, Hush and Crescendo died in Silence. The title did justice to the story but I believe, this is the worse in the series. I didn't truly buy why Nora lost her memories because it didn't add up to anything. A good chunk of the book was dedicated to her, trying to remember. So why shouldn't I just re-read Crescendo, then? Instead of developing into someone who's learned from past mistakes, she became that damsel in distress who needed saving. Thankfully, she didn't do something stupid (as a reader wold expect) despite the memory lost and still trusted Patch, I just simply didn't click with this story. A little boring yes and I can call this book the buffer in the series. You can skip this and the entire series would still make sense.

Patch's development though, gave me butterfly kisses. I adored how vocal he became about his feelings. I loved his ways of showing how he truly cared for Nora and Jesus, the way he held her? Bone-melting. He's full of surprises and I truly, absolutely fell hard for Patch in Silence.

Silence is an okay read. Not too bad but not that good either. Still dark and cunning, one can feel the balance of good and bad. Patch's mushy side appeared and that's all am after.

"The only way I'm going to survive this is by clinging to what I do know."
"How was I supposed to jump forward, when the platform beneath my feet had been yanked out?"
"Piece by piece, I let Jev break down my defenses. I swayed and dipped against him, letting him set the rhythm. I was overly warm, my head clogged with smoke, and the moment began to feel unreal, only making it easier to believe that later, if guilt or regret haunted me, I could pretend it never happened. While I was here, trapped in the club, trapped in Jev's eyes, he made it too easy to succumb."
"I can't move forward until I know what I left behind."
""There's only one thing I know for certain anymore." He turned, his eyes a clear black. "That I would do anything for you, even if it means going against my instincts or my very nature. I would lay down everything I possess, even my soul, for you. If that isn't love, it's the best I have.""
"If you need more reason, I love you. This is uncharted territory for me, but I need to know that at the end of the night, I have you to come home to."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...