Saturday, January 31, 2015

JANUARY 2015 RECAP + BOOK OF THE MONTH.


Just like that, January is over! Yes, yes, time is in a hurry it seems. During the first two weeks, I was on roll. I couldn't stop reading. But then for some reason, I stopped again. Took me a while to finish Of Triton and Replica (I still haven't picked this back up again). Also, Mom is currently watching Harry Potter: The Order of the Phoenix while am drafting this and OMG I am absolutely distracted! :D

I've read a total of 7 books this month. This is actually just half of my intended TBR, I totally failed my attempt but will definitely try next month. I'll be focusing on Contemporary novels because well, it is the love month (oh God).

Anyway, here is what happened on the blog this month!


January 01 - New Beginnings.

January 02 - First review of the year: Willowgrove by Kathleen Peacock (4 stars out of 5!)

January 03 - Stacking the Shelves: The New Year 2015 Haul Edition.

January 04 - Reviewed Ingrid Jonach's When the World was Flat (4 stars out of 5!)

January 06 - Reviewed Amy Zhang's Falling into Place (4 stars out of 5!)

January 07 - WoW pick is Sarah J. Maas' A Court of Thorns and Roses!

January 09 - Reviewed Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (3 stars out of 5!)

January 13 - Spill the Feels: Why Numbers No Longer Matter.

January 14 - WoW pick is Susane Colasanti's City Love!

January 15 - Reviewed Blackbird by Anna Carey (1 star out of 5!)

January 17 - Stacking the Shelves: My Bright Place Edition.

January 19 - Reviewed All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven (4 out of 5 stars!)

January 21 - WoW pick is Jodi Meadows' The Orphan Queen!

January 24 - Reviewed Of Triton by Anna Banks (3 out of 5 stars!)

January 31 - January 2015 Recap + Book of the Month

Unfortunately, I didn't give a 5-star rating this month. I also have one 1-star rating which sucked because Blackbird was one of my Most Anticipated Titles. Am crossing all crossables that February will be a wicked one.



Since the highest rating I gave was 4 stars, this is a little bit difficult because I loved these books on the same level. Picking up only one is hard but it has to be done. So this book that won the place this month reached a part of me that has been untouchable and unreachable for as long as I can remember. This book made my throat tighten so hard because I kept holding back the tearS. The other 4-star books are equally amazing only this one gripped me a little bit tighter. Sooooooo.. my Book of the Month is none other than..

"Driven with passion, All the Bright Places reaches the deepest parts of the heart. Riveting and gripping, All the Bright Places is a magnificent and moving story -- that can melt the toughest hearts and maybe a thousand more."

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an awesome January, ate Kate! See you at the next signing, yes? You still owe me a frosty, HAHA!

    Have a great February :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA First half of the month was great then reading slump happened. Yup! One large frosty coming right up! SEE YOU!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...