Thursday, January 24, 2013

REVIEW: TIME BETWEEN US BY TAMARA STONE.

Title: Time Between Us
Author: Tamara Ireland Stone
Series: Time Between Us #1
Edition: Hardcover
Publication: October 9th 2012 by Hyperion
Source: Bought from FullyBooked
Pages: 384
Genre: Time Travel, Romance, Contemporary

Synopsis:

Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna’s life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate, what consequences they can bear in order to stay together, and whether their love can stand the test of time.

Fresh, exciting, and deeply romantic, Time Between Us is a stunning, spellbinding debut from an extraordinary new voice in YA fiction.

PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

Time Between Us is invigorating.

The moment I saw that gorgeous cover and learned that it is a Time Travel inspired novel, I knew I have to get my copy. And I couldn't stop jumping with bliss after getting the last copy available last October.

Anna is a typical teen who loves to run and dreams of traveling the world. She's studious and works at her parent's book store. While running in the morning of March of 1995, she sees a guy watching her intensely from a bleacher and smiles at her as if he knows her. When she turns around to check the mysterious guy out, he's gone without leaving any prints at all. And Anna's sure that the new guy in school is the one who she saw on the bleacher. But Bennett denies it.

Stone wrote a breath-taking love story. The time travel aspect is very well written because I saw no major complexities. Writing a time-travel inspired novel is a very sensitive but Stone made it easy-going. One would be able to follow through the hops and kicks of the time travel without getting dizzy. The story is well-balanced with sub-plots I love like family and friendship. It doesn't push hard on time travel but it mixes with everything else the way I expected it to. Plus, no cliff-hangers, just happy ending.

I love how the characters developed. Anna is definitely the timid one but she flourished into a very brave character. I felt her pain as I go deep into the novel and I saw the reasons behind her rationality. The way she handled revelations is very subtle and I loved the fact that she chose something better than to mope around and dwell on her pain. And who wouldn't adore Bennett? He's good-looking, gentleman, adventurous and selfless. Plus he's so adorably romantic. They're really meant to be together.

Time Between Us depicts ideal family relationship and friendship under bizarre circumstances. It shows how a person should hold on tightly to whatever one believes in. It is truly a light read with a refreshing plot. I heard it would have a sequel and I would warmly welcome it once it arrives. The novel shows what one can do for love.

Dear Bennett,
For as long as I can remember, I've dreamed of seeing what lies outside the only world I've ever known - outside my safe, normal life. And now, here I am, in a small fishing village as far away from home - as far away from "normal" - as i can possibly be. And amazing as it is, I know one thing for certain - none of it would matter if you weren't sitting here next to me. You can take me anywhere. Or nowhere. But wherever you are in this world, that's where I want to be.
Love, 
Anna

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear how great the character development and time travel were in this one! I was super excited for its release, ordered a signed copy, and it has been sitting on my shelf waiting for me to have the time. *sigh* I think I will definitely be picking it up soon! Great review! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...