Tuesday, January 15, 2013

REVIEW: UNTIL I DIE BY AMY PLUM.

Title: Until I Die
Author: Amy Plum
Series: Revenants #2
Edition: Hardcover
Publication: May 8, 2012 by HarperCollins Publishers
Source: Bought from FullyBooked
Pages: 357
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Urban Fantasy

Synopsis:
Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.
As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.


PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

After my agonizing search for Die For Me, I hoped that I wouldn't experience it again with its sequel, Until I Die. The love I have for it is way beyond words that I kept wishing it would land in my hands sooner. When it did, the joy I felt was too much that made me wish hard again for its reading schedule to finally come.

Until I Die starts with Kate and Vincent getting back together and finding a way to make their relationship to work without Vincent dying over and over again. While Vincent is secretly trying to find an alternative solution for his thirst to save, Kate goes on her own to find her own solution. When she finally gets some information, the Numa attacks.

In the beginning of the novel, I was tempted to drop it for the mean time. I feel like it was building up too slow and I was honestly afraid to get bored. But I love Die for Me so much and it pulled me throughout the novel. As soon as I passed two hundred pages, I could no longer put it down and finished it till two in the morning.

However, aside from the slow build-up, I find the antagonist a little redundant. In Die For Me, nobody from the Revenants sensed that it was Lucien and it happened again in Until I Die. The Revenants existed hundreds of years and I was expecting that their extensive experience should somehow help them. But it didn't and for me, that was a little off.

Until I Die redeemed itself from three stars and that is with Kate's help. Her persistence in helping Vincent lead them to uncover ancient secrets and find the reason behind Numa's attacks. Yes, she's gullible but I can't blame her. The friendship offered to her was tempting and just the right thing she needs. The twists really caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting the betrayal and loss to affect me big time. The pain is so strong that I couldn't almost breathe after finishing it. It was so tragic and heart-breaking.

Amy Plum once more had given the beauty of Paris justice with her Revenants. Until I Die is a sequel just perfect for Die For Me. Its romance endures, its twist rejuvenates, its action captivates and its history enthralls. I couldn't ask for any kind of sequel at all. And at the moment, I need If I Should Die to mend my shattered heart!

"Kate, I've spent a lifetime waiting for you. Before I saw you, I hadn't cared for anyone for... well, for a good part of a century, and it felt like my heart had been permanently disconnected. I wasn't even looking anymore. And without expecting anything... without any hope at all, suddenly you were here."

3 comments:

  1. I totally understand the slow pacing! the ending was totally heart-breaking! I can't wait for the last installment

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super slow at the beginning but eventually picked up! I loved it! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Amy Plum makes them addicting! lol! But I do love spreading the word about awesome books and hers are one of my favourites! Vincent is DREAMY.

    Irene (Alaskan Pay Dirt)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...