Sunday, April 7, 2013

REVIEW: RISE BY ANNA CAREY.

Title: Rise (Eve #3)
Author: Anna Carey
Edition: Paperback (ARC)
Published: April 2, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 310
Source: ARC provided by the publisher
Category: Dystopia, Romance
Trailer: not applicable
Synopsis:

How far will you go when you have nothing left to lose?

When she lost her soul mate, Caleb, Eve felt like her world had ended. Trapped in the palace, forced to play the part of the happy, patriotic princess of The New America—and the blushing bride of her father's top adviser—Eve's whole life is a lie. The only thing that keeps her going is Caleb's memory, and the revolution he started.

Now, Eve is taking over where Caleb left off. With the help of Moss, an undercover subversive in the King's court, she plots to take down The New America, beginning with the capital, the City of Sand. Will Eve be able to bring about a new, free world when she's called upon to perform the ultimate act of rebellion—killing her father?

In Rise, Eve must choose who to leave behind, who to save, and who to fight as Anna Carey's epic tale of romance and sacrifice in the chilling dystopia of The New America comes to a stunning conclusion.
Rise is the best ending to the trilogy!

I've mentioned this before and will always be proud to say it over and over again, that Eve is one of the first series that showed me the way back to reading and tops my favorite series of all time. I was so lucky to have been provided an advance copy and I was just beaming with joy since I first pet Rise's cover! It is indeed the best feeling ever!

Eve is lamenting over Caleb's death and would really want the war to end. With Moss' instructions, she has to poison the King and pursue with their plan -- she has to escape while the rebels are fighting. Because of some unexpected turn of events, she has to flee immediately to save herself and some of her friends from being executed. She has to go back to Califia and take chances even if it means she has to risk their lives.

I've read Once last year so I was ecstatic to finally read Rise and find out how Carey ended this epic series. The world Rise showcased here doubled the chaos and cruelty that definitely made me shiver. I couldn't imagine living in such dark place. The gravity of rebellion leaps through each page as if it was happening in real life. And the twists Carey prepared took my whole world apart. Ironic thing is, I loved every bit of it.

I missed Eve, Caleb, Arden and Charles. Eve's transformation from being a frail teenager to now a brave and all grown up woman who fights for what is right is so visible I still couldn't grasp that it's Eve I am reading. She's changed so much through the course of the series and I can't help but admire her. She has a huge heart and the way she handled her pain from losing Caleb is so nerve-wracking. She handled it well I could say. Though she's bereft, she still managed to focus on things she needed to prioritize than wallow in misery. She believed so much in her cause and her unfailing trust toward the right thing is empowering. She showed that a woman can make huge decisions under difficult circumstances on her own. And though she lost a lot of her loved-ones, she managed to make it through.

Rise sure did have tons of surprises that made my stomach churn from excitement! Carey made such perfect ending to a beautiful series and I couldn't ask for more. Rise ended everything in the right place, at the right time with the right person and I loved it from Eve's page one up until Rise's very last! This is the ending Eve deserves!

Thank you so much Christine from Harper Collins for providing the ARC!

VERDICT:
"This is where he used to be. How can I possibly live with all these empty space?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...