Thursday, June 27, 2013

REVIEW: ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS BY STEPHANIE PERKINS.

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Series: Anna and the French Kiss #1
Edition: Paperback
Published: December 10, 2010 by Dutton
Pages: 372
Source: Bought from Fully Booked
Category: Romance, Contemporary

Synopsis:

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:
Amazon 🔼 Barnes and Noble 🔼 Book Depository


Anna and the French Kiss is uber romantic!

I wasn't into contemporary back when I purchased my copy of this novel yet. But during Tahereh Mafi's book signing last March, she mentioned that this one was her favorite novel and recommended it. I thought I would really have to start reading it and Oh. Mi. Gosh. It just bombarded with so much emotions that I felt the highest level of nostalgia!

Studying at School of America in Paris isn't something on Anna's wish list. She is just beginning to work her way to reviewing movies, she can't leave her best friend especially the romance that might possibly happen between her and Toph. But she don't have a say on it. When she lands in Paris, she meets Ethienne St. Clair. A handsome student with a handsome British accent. He takes her around Paris and she is starting to like him. The problem is, he's taken. And she thinks Toph might be waiting for her.

Where?? Where to properly start raving about this? This thing definitely tops my favorite contemporary novel! Perkins' prose was so conversational I thought I was just simply watching a TV series. I didn't feel like I was reading it because everything was so light! The fact that it was set in Paris was another plus for the novel! I suck so much when it comes to Paris.. and Eiffel Tower. I haven't tried macarons though! Pathetic right? But going back to the review, Anna and the French Kiss did all weird things to me. The romance hit me like a bomb! I was seriously blown away! I kept giggling and giggling and screaming and screaming why they wouldn't kiss yet! I kept reacting and mumbling to myself as I go deeper! The plotting was very simple if you think about it but the execution was just beyond what I could describe! Perkins nailed it! I loved everything about this novel and it made me miss falling in love.. Like desperately!

The characters are all dreamy. Like Anna. She's simple, bright and funny! She's very easy to talk to and I loved how she's so into films. Even though she has the tendency to shut everyone out, I think that was just her defense mechanism and I totally understand that. I usually assume things and read signals differently. And then there's St. Claire. Oh gosh. He's just frakking perfect. Though I initially disliked him for hitting on Anna while he's in a relationship, what he did to win my heart over worked. I don't want to think that he broke up with his girlfriend because Anna came in the picture because that would just totally break my heart. I loved everything he did for Anna. How he respected her and didn't take advantage of her. I also want to specifically gush over St. Claire's attempt in explaining how he truly feels for Anna on top of Notre Dame. That was a total winner! I wish he was taller though!

Anna and the French Kiss unraveled my love for being in love! It exploded with so much romance that I wanted to cuddle and kiss and hold hands! It is the epitome of love despite differences and it is truly a wonderful read! The experience from reading it was priceless!


"Is it possible for home to be a person and not a place?"
"There's only one thing I don't love about him. Her."
"Why is that the right people never wind up together? Why are people so afraid to leave a relationship, even if they know it's a bad one?"
"How many times can our emotion be tied to someone else's -- be pulled and stretched and twisted -- before they snap? Before they can be mended again?"
""Why aren't you two together?" "I don't know, sometimes I think there are only so many opportunities to get together with someone. And we've both screwed up so many times that we've missed our chance.""
"The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

4 comments:

  1. Gaaaah! I've been wanting to read this since forever and now I'll purchase it ASAP! :))

    Kyle @ The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Tahereh Mafi victim uh? She was just so hipped up when they made a special offer for the kindle version of this book that I had to buy it... although I haven't read it BUT after reading this review it is going up on my TBR pile in the don't read in public section.
    Thank you very much Kisskit katey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Lil Berry!! I love Tahereh!! She's just adorable! And I loved Anna and the French Kiss!! You should it it! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...