Thursday, September 19, 2013

MEETING THE AUTHORS: STOHL, DELA CRUZ, NOEL'S BLOGGER FORUM IN MANILA.

Where I relive the experience and share all the feels before, during and after meeting these fantastic authors WHO ARE BASICALLY LIFE.

Last saturday (September 14), I was given another chance to attend a Blogger Forum with New York Times Best Selling Authors Margaret Stohl, Alyson Noel and Melissa Dela Cruz at Best Sellers in Robinson's Galleria, Ortigas. Best Sellers is National Book Store's sister company. I was stoked not only to meet these fantastic authors but to also see my lovely co-bloggers! I missed them to bit! If I haven't mentioned it on any of my old posts, Best Sellers is definitely the biggest book store I've ever been to! IT WAS GINORMOUS. There was a sale so I didn't pass the chance to hoard!

Going back to the Blogger Forum, I didn't record the entire Q and A because I know it would be difficult to transcribe but how I wish I did! Its kind of hard to rely on my unreliable memory. Let me still try to share the important stuff from the said event.
Clockwise: Me, Louisse and Lyra; Me and Dianne; Me and Kai; Michelle, Me and Nicole;
Me amd Louisse; Chad and I.
Clockwise: The books I bought for the signing; The ever jolly JB of NBS;
The panel table at the event; The EPIC Chad of NBs; TADAAAAAH! The TRIO!!

There my co-bloggers Louisse, Lyra and Precious were interviewed by National Book Store then the Q and A began. There were several of us who asked the trio and OMG, Margaret was just so funny! We learned that Blue Bloods by Melissa Dela Cruz was opted to be a TV series only to be cancelled. A week after, Vampires Diaries started filming. Gaaaah! It could have been Blue Bloods' slot! Alyson Noel will also have more books published because at the moment' she's writing them. Margaret Stohl also told us the story behind Beautiful Creatures -- it was written for their kids! She also said that She and Kami Garcia exchanged chapters for the entire series then would edit each other's work. She's also very excited for the spin off series! She also told us that she wanted to tell a story of her own thus Icons. It wasn't hard to write something different according to her because Icons is like, her expression of herself. Melissa also came back to the Philippines after 28 years and I loved her American Accent! They were all gorgeous in person! Melissa was wearing Valentino shoes and Jimmy Choo for Alyson! I forgot was Margaret was wearing! You wouldn't believe how they know each other very well and the support they have for each other was just mind blowing!

Clockwise: Margaret Stohl signing my Beautiful Redemption; Melissa Dela Cruz signed with my signed Frozen
and Alyson Noel siging my copies of Fated and Echo!

It was so fun meeting Alyson again! She's as gorgeous as ever! Melissa Dela Cruz was a bit reserved but funny and stunning! Just like what she said, a fashion editor is always a fashion editor. I loved her Valentino shoes! Margaret was just the bomb! I will never be able to FLAIL like her! It was really surreal meeting these lovely authors and getting to understand their passion for writing as well as the inspiration behind the novels! IT WAS JUST AWESOME!

THE PH YA BOOK BLOGGERS. ♥
I would not be hosting a giveaway at the moment because I am so broke but I hope you enjoyed these pictures! I cannot wait for the next bookish event!


THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH JB AND CHAD OF NATIONAL BOOK STORE FOR HOSTING SUCH FANTASTIC EVENT, MELISSA, MARGARET AND ALYSON FOR BEING LOVELY AND MY CO-PH YA BLOGGERS!
Don't forget to visit these pages and check out the pictures!
Sab The Book Eater
Mine

4 comments:

  1. Oh, look! It's me! Hahaha, it feels so surreal to see my face on one of my favorite blogs MEHEHEHE.

    P.S. Ate, can I grab some of your photos for my recap? Just tweet me or something, hehe. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...