Wednesday, August 13, 2014

REVIEW: ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER BY STEPHANIE PERKINS.

Title: Isla and the Happily Ever After
(Anna and the French Kiss #3)
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Edition: Paperback
Published: August 14, 2014
Publisher: Penguin Teen/Dutton
Pages: 339
Source: ARC provided by National Bookstore and the publisher
Category: Contemporary, Romance
Trailer: Not Applicable.

Synopsis:

From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always forever.

Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and Étienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new.
Ohmygod.

Am going to say it straight, I adored Isla more than Lola. I think I loved it as much as I loved Anna and the French Kiss. Gosh, Isla gave me a lot of feelings that turned my cheeks to red. There was even a point when my cheeks started to hurt because I couldn't stop giggling about this amazing book. Wow. It was really a lovely read. (Sorry, I couldn't contain THE feels, my review might probably wouldn't make sense.)

When I finished reading Isla (note: it took me 6 hours to read it, the fastest I've ever read), I had mixed feelings. I felt like things would have been less complicated if Isla wasn't too coward. She had been uncertain of Josh's feelings, that she doubted herself in the process. But after a while, these thoughts came and I realized Isla wasn't coward, she was just afraid to get hurt. I've been in that sticky situation in my life so many times that a simple fight would lead to break up. I finally understood how Isla felt though I can't agree with her at this stage. She should have trusted Josh, she should have believed in them. But I guess that makes Isla and the Happily Ever After special, it shows how love can still be vulnerable. That trials would come and test you. Am just glad that Josh hang on and hoped that their love would again, cross paths and find each other.

Ohmygod, Josh Wasserstein. YOU ARE ALL THAT I NEED.

Isla and the Happily Ever After is the perfect ending to this companion series. It is bubbly, swoony and dreamy that your heart will beat a hundred times faster than normal. Isla is my favorite next to Anna and definitely, there's a re-read that's going to happen soon! GO GRAB YOUR COPIES NOW!

Thank you Penguin Teen and National Bookstore for the review copy!

"I am hard on myself. But isn’t it better to be honest about these things before someone else can use them against you? Before someone else can break your heart? Isn’t it better to break it yourself?"
"There's no story,' I say. 'I saw you one day, and I just knew."
"Phones are distracting. The internet is distracting.The way he looked at you? He wasn't distracted. He was consumed."

Here it is!


2 comments:

  1. YOUR REVIEW <3<3<3<3 Oh my god, 6 hours???? That's wicked! And Josh makes me want to have a tall artist boyfriend of my own huhuhuhuhu. Great review, ate Kate! So glad you loved this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CRI! I WANT THIS!! COZ JOSH! OMG!!! <3 Awesome review! Short, but packs a punch! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...