Wednesday, January 9, 2013

REVIEW: SUPERNATURALLY BY KIERSTEN WHITE.

Title: Supernaturally
Author: Kiersten White
Series: Paranormalcy #2
Edition: Paperback
Publication: July 26, 2011 by HarperTeen
Source: Bought from Fully Booked
Pages: 336
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Urban Fantasy

Synopsis:
Evie finally has the normal life she's always longed for, but she's shocked to discover that being ordinary can be.. kind of boring. So when she's given the opportunity to work for the International Paranormal Containment Agency again, she leaps at the chance.

But then Evie's faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears, and tells her that a battle is brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole paranormal world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.


PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

*MIGHT HAVE SEMI-SPOILERS*

After I've finished reading Paranormalcy and fell in love with its undeniably funny antics (review HERE), I knew I need to get the sequel as soon as I can. When I did, I couldn't wait for its reading schedule to arrive because I miss Evie and I wanted to know more about Lend. Just today when I finished it, I just don't know how to feel.

Supernaturally took off after Vivian's defeat. Evie is actually enrolled in a normal high-school, working on a diner, room mates with her vampire best friend Arianna and still with her water elemental boyfriend, Lend. Evie is living a very normal life she's dreamed of but for some reason, it bores here. Just when she's day dreaming of her old IPCA life, Rachel shows up.. with Jack, an indistinguishable paranormal that could open up Paths.

I loved Paranormalcy. Given that fact, I was kind of expecting more of Evie's funny sarcasm in Supernaturally and found myself a little disappointed. The sequel focused more on Evie's stubbornness to find her place in both paranormal and normal worlds. There weren't much action in this one and there's something lacking, I just couldn't point my finger on it. I didn't quite understand why I feel awkward with how the transition happened: from being just its paranormal plot to jumping into a completely different Fey world. It made me think that I was reading more of a Kagawa novel rather than a White one. There were also some parts I find predictable, most especially about Jack. And I hate to say this but Paranormalcy I think is better than this.

What I loved with Supernaturally however, is the fact that there's more of Lend than I've expected. His intentions were shown in a way that made me swoon for him! I loved that he knows his place in the normal world and what he really wanted to happen with his life. I also loved how Reth showed a different side of him in the novel. He's more gentle and kinder that all the hate I have for him vanished in an instant! I want to see more of them!

Supernaturally is a very light read. Definitely there's heartache on every corner but the romance is totally worth the pain. It would make you finish it in one sitting because you wouldn't want to miss anything Lend-related and I simply enjoyed flipping the pages! Can't wait to grab Endlessly!

"Sometimes I wanted to take a memory - one perfect memory - curl up in it, and go to sleep."

2 comments:

  1. I gave this 3 stars myself. It's fun but in my case, I felt it was too juvenile for me but I still enjoyed the story. I think you'll love the last one, the ending isn't probably what you expect.

    Braine @Talk Supe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I was expecting more from this. But I still liked it! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...