Friday, February 1, 2013

Feature: Author of the Month.. (2)



Hello guys!

I am happy to share with you my second post my monthly blog feature. This month, I am featuring one of my all time favorite authors who have written such fantastic dystopian novels that made me deeply fall in love with YA and reading! Let me share with you my interview with

Lauren Oliver.
Delirium's premise is very much intriguing. What inspired you to write about Amor Deliria Nervosa or Love as a disease?
I was watching a TV News piece about Swine Flu, and I started to think about how people would react if the government announced that love was a contagious disease.
How long did it take you to finish the first book? How challenging was it?
It took about six months to a year to write the first book. It was very challenging! All books have their own joys and challenges.
The friendship between Lena and Hana is very strong. Is it something inspired with your real-life friendship?
Absolutely, my friendships have been an incredibly important in my life. I definitely tried to get that feeling with Lena and Hana.

LOVE that Obama & his daughters bought my books (DELIRIUM & PANDEMONIUM) ! I am so proud! (source)
Recently, President Obama's kids purchased your books. How does it feel?
AMAZING! I can't stop squealing about it. :)
You're now an award-winning author and have been listed as Best Selling author globally. How does that affect you personally and professionally?
I still don't quite believe it. It's been an amazing journey, I've gotten to see so many places and meet so many wonderful people.
 Splinders is topping the charts as well. Should we expect another novel/trilogy anytime soon?
Well, the third book in the Delirium Trilogy is coming out soon! After that I have another standalone YA book called PANIC, it's very different from anything else I've written so I'm very excited for it.

From 0 to 2 cats in 1.5 weeks! This is HUGO. (source)
Aside from writing, what do you usually do with your free time?
I love cooking, and running, and playing with my silly cats!
Do you read reviews? How do you handle negative ones?
I read reviews sometimes, but not always. I try to take the negative ones as constructive criticism, I'm always trying to be a better writer.
Will you be signing again here in the Philippines?
I hope so!
Your message to your Filipino fans.
 A HUGE thank you!

I want to come to Harper on my bday every year! (source)
~~o0o~~

I hope you guys enjoyed this interview as much as I did! The moment Lauren said yes to the interview, I almost dropped my phone! I was so surprised and shocked and elated all at the same time. Thank you so much Lauren for this wonderful opportunity! You can catch her on:

Don't forget to watch out for Requiem, Delirium series' final book out on March 5, 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...