Saturday, March 2, 2013

REVIEW: DESTROY ME BY TAHEREH MAFI.

Title: Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Edition: E-Book
Published: October 2, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 103
Source: Gifted by Leslie from Bibliophile Kid
Category: Romance, Dystopia
Trailer: Here.
Synopsis:

Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .

Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.

Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me, Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

*You should stop reading this review at once if you haven't read Shatter Me.*

This is just a mini-review for Shatter Me's e-novella, Destroy Me. It picked up just after Juliette shot Warner and this is from Warner's point of view. I honestly cannot remember most of what happened in the first novel since I've read it mid of last year but Juliette's voice is one things that marked deep. And as I go along, I started to remember. I remember how irritated I was because of Warner's psycho attitude but after reading Destroy Me, I fell apart. I turned Team Warner so fast without questions. I never thought that deep inside, he's full of good intentions and he can be this bare-faced. He was all this time supressing his feelings or probably he was just afraid to admit that he's falling in love. In my eyes, he turned from being an antagonist to sudden protagonist. He is really full of compelling emotions that I started wishing that guys should love their woman deeper than this. I never thought I could never see this weak side of him. And I find it really adorable.

He is just beyond dreamy.
VERDICT:
"Torture is not torture when there's any hope of relief."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...