Tuesday, March 26, 2013

REVIEW: FALLEN TOO FAR BY ABBI GLINES.

Title: Fallen Too Far (Too Far #1)
Author: Abbi Glines
Edition: eBook
Published: December 14, 2012
Pages: 207
Source: Amazon
Category: Chick Lit, Romance, Contemporary, New Adult
Trailer: Not applicable
Synopsis:

To want what you’re not supposed to have…

She is only nineteen.

She is his new stepfather’s daughter.

She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother.

But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…

Blaire just may have fallen too far.
Fallen Too Far is steamingly addictive.

Losing your family doesn't compare to any pain ever existed. When Blaire's mother succumbed to cancer, she is left with no other choice but to seek help from his long lost father. She promised she would only stay with him until she find a job and settle on her own. But meeting her step brother Rush, altered her decisions. He's so hot and gorgeous that she keeps fantasizing about him. But for her situation, the last thing she needs is distraction.

If you've been a follower of the blog since I started, you would have an idea on how I feel about self-published novels. Its not that I hated all of it, it just so happen that I read terrible ones and I started feeling afraid and hesitant to continue reviewing them. I had no idea that Fallen Too Far is self-published and seriously, it redeemed me from completely abandoning that part of publishing. I am actually ashamed of myself to be proven wrong. I am just so pleased that I read it and it being self-published is the least of my concerns.

It didn't take me long to finish this novel because first, it wasn't too long and second, I sacrificed sleep just to read it because it is just way too good. This is the most sensual novel I have ever read in my entire life and I am not ashamed to admit that I loved every bit of it. This is also my first ever attempt in venturing to New Adult genre and I must say it exceeded my expectations. I was pretty much wowed by Glines' way of expressing her thoughts and it is like reading what is the norm these days which is why it wasn't hard to understand it. Glines presented Fallen Too Far in such a way that one wouldn't get intimidated by the profanity or intimacy because everything just fit perfectly together and technically bring more feelings and sense. And what's important for me is the premise. By analyzing it, I saw how typical the plot was but what swayed me off my feet is how Glines intersected such perfect twists and unravel them at the perfect timing. There is no words sufficient enough to express how satisfied I am with this novel.

How will I ever forget to rave how much I adored Rush? He's the typical bad-boy-protagonist-turned-prince-charming but the way I felt how real he was inside my mind is exceptional. I have never felt this close to a character before as if he's my friend. I don't know how Glines did it but it was a fantastic feeling. He isn't just rich or sexy or hot, he has a heart. And that heart is captured by Blaire. Her life and their situation is complicated but I liked how she handled life's adversities. She's definitely tough and strong-willed. I appreciated how she could swallow and show her pride always at the right moments and it doesn't matter what choices she made, she was always ready to take responsibility for her actions and she's such a loving daughter. I was also left yearning for more from Wood. His sense of humor kept me laughing out loud and I believe there's more to his character but I am just glad there are no love triangles in the novel.

Fallen Too Far is a very sensual novel with such unexpected twists. Its fun to read and is written beautifully. It also full of surprises and a little bit of drama that kept it well balanced. There's no words right enough to use on how painful the ending was which would definitely push you to crave for more!
VERDICT:
"He wasn't what sent me running, He was what made me want to stay."

1 comment:

  1. yes it was my first and am so glad that I read it! I am currently reading Never Too Far and yes, Wood's showing some potentials! I can't help but laugh out loud! Rush's hilarious!

    Thanks much, Aman! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...