Friday, March 8, 2013

MEETING THE AUTHOR: RANSOM RIGGS IN MANILA.

Where I relive the experience and share all the feels before, during and after meeting these fantastic authors WHO ARE BASICALLY LIFE.

After Tahereh Mafi's signing last Saturday, the next day I went to Ransom Riggs' book signing hosted by Fully Booked. Since he was at Tahereh's signing and had my copy signed, I didn't ask for him to sign anything anymore but I just wanted to have my picture taken at the "proper" book signing venue. Unfortunately, Fully Booked's sound system was terrible that recording the Q and A didn't work out. So here are the pictures at the event!


200 plus people actually signed up for the signing! I didn't expect the place to be that crowded but I was so happy I came back! I met up with my gorgeous co-bloggers and stand in line!


If I remember correctly, some people asked him about collaborating with John Green, what does he feel about Tim Burton directing the movie adaptation of the book, if he was married (oh god we squealed ), how does he find The Philippines so far and when would be the second book come out (January 2014, people!). Some also asked about his love for photos and his inspiration for the book. I think there was also a question about his dream cast.


And this group gladly call themselves TEAM HANDSOME PHILIPPINES because we are Team Handsome Philippines! Meet Louisse, Kazhy, Maricar, Leslie and me!


And there you go! She's his special guest! As soon as we reached Ransom's table, I believe he recognized us from yesterday's event and informed us that Tahereh will arrive! He said during the Q and A that Tahereh won't make it to the signing but then he whispered and gave us the good news!



 Yes indeed Ransom, you are peculiarly mine! 


Thank you so so much Fully Booked for hosting such an awesome event and Ransom, for being here, for being so "weird-o" and funny! We love you!

Love,
Kate
Team Handsome Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...