Sunday, July 21, 2013

REVIEW: I'D TELL YOU I LOVE YOU BUT THEN I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU BY ALLY CARTER.

Title: I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You (Gallagher Girls #1)
Author: Ally Carter
Edition: Paperback
Published: May 1, 2006
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Pages: 284
Source: Bought from Fully Booked
Category: Chick-Lit, Romance
Trailer: not applicable
Synopsis:

Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school-that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it's really a school for spies. Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"-but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?

Cammie Morgan may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she's on her most dangerous mission-falling in love.
I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You is overloaded with cuteness!

I was so lucky to stumble upon a boxed set of Gallagher Girls 1-3 on sale last year at my local book store! I have been meaning to grab a copy for so long because I've heard nothing but fantastic things about it. And truly, I enjoyed reading my first Carter book!

Gallagher Academy isn't your typical school. It is an exclusive school with super advanced curriculum made for well, spies. Bex, Liz and Cammie are all training to be future spies however, during their first practice mission to know what beverage their professor is drinking, someone sees and approaches Cammie. Panic runs through her body and she doesn't have any other choice but to lie to protect the academy's secret: she has to lie. But the guy, Josh, keeps her interested and her friends starts to investigate: spy style.

What I liked and enjoyed most in this novel is the mystery behind the Gallagher Academy. It is not everyday I encounter such premise that I kept flipping the pages out of so much excitement for the school and the student's training. I thought I would see more of the action being a spy entailed however, I was presented with a teen's way of sneaking out from such highly secured establishment to be with a guy. I was kind of disappointed also with the way how once-in-a-lifetime-love outweighed a mother's plea to have quality time with her daughter. I just don't think it would be a good idea for teens to honor an unknown kind of a relationship over parents. I am not questioning morals or anything, it's just my opinion. If love is true, it could wait. So why not let someone wait another day?

I liked our young protagonists. Cammie's "invisible" yet very clever character tandems perfectly with Bex's and Liz's. They have the right combination just like in Harry Potter. So Cammie is Harry, Bex is Ron and Liz is Hermione. I liked how kickass these girls are when it comes to spying, speaking 14 different language and studying PhD Chemistry however I wasn't just a fan of the romance part. Period. But I would swoon over Josh any time of the day, any day of the year! He's I think the most normal yet lovable guy I've stumbled upon!

I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You is action-packed and fast-paced novel! It is another novel that showcases how woman can be everything they wanted to be under any circumstances! Plus, we rock!
VERDICT:
"You shouldn't judge someone until you've walk a mile through an underground tunnel in her uncomfortable shoes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...