Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY.. (30)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that highlights our much anticipated books.

Expected Publication Date: September 17, 2013
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
Add to Goodreads
 A novel about the end of days full of surprising beginnings

The world is living in the shadow of oncoming disaster. An asteroid is set to strike the earth in just one week’s time; catastrophe is unavoidable. The question isn’t how to save the world—the question is, what to do with the time that's left? Against this stark backdrop, three island teens wrestle with intertwining stories of love, friendship and family—all with the ultimate stakes at hand.

Alexandra Coutts's TUMBLE & FALL is a powerful story of courage, love, and hope at the end of the world.
WHY I AM WAITING FOR THIS:

A PRE-APOCALYPTIC NOVEL? An asteroid set to hit Earth in a week? Hell yessss!! I've never encountered such promising premise and it would definitely be the first novel I heard to have such strong plot! Not that I am tired of all these POST apocalyptic novels but who wouldn't want to try something new? I wish I could really get my hands on this book sooner because I am dying to read it so much! Honestly, my expectations for this book is so high (I know I shouldn't) but I can't help but be so giddy about this! Oh, Goddess of ARCs, hear me out!

6 comments:

  1. I'm really excited to read this one, too! It sounds amazing.

    My WoW pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this one, too! :) Aside from an awesome blurb, the cover is to die for!

    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
    WWW Wednesdays
    Waiting on Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing a lot of this one! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this somewhere before! It looks so good and that cover is gorgeous!

    My WoW

    Amber @ My Bookshelf Is Hungry

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound really good. The premise reminds me of that recent movie: Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. And this cover is absolutely gorgeous. NetGalley did have this posted. I don't know if they still do. Did you request it there? Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes - a pre-apocalyptic novel does sound quite good. I just hope it's quite different from that movie Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.

    Mandi Kaye | My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...