Tuesday, July 23, 2013

REVIEW: CROSS MY HEART AND HOPE TO SPY BY ALLY CARTER.

Title: Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls #2)
Author: Ally Carter
Edition: Paperback
Published: October 2, 2007
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Pages: 236
Source: Bought from Fully Booked
Category: Chick Lit, Romance
Trailer: not applicable
Synopsis:

Cammie Morgan is back, and it's clear that her life hasn't calmed down since the events of I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You. At first, giddy anticipation is in the air. Gallagher Academy, Cammie's elite spy school, is hosting a visit from a covert training center for boys. Soon after the boys' arrival, though, everything goes dangerously awry when a series of security breaches are discovered at the academy. Worse yet, teenage agent-in-training Cammie is being blamed for the penetration. With the school's top-secret status at risk, the Gallagher Girls have to work quickly to save their beloved school.
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy is.. tsk!

I will not make my introduction to this review longer because I've just reviewed book one the other say. And I will not make this review longer either.

So in this novel, Cammie and her friends just came back from a semester break and they were shocked to see that an entire wing of the school has been locked. Cammie's mother, the headmistress of the academy, was talking to Professor Solomon and Cammie overheard them. They wouldn't want her to know about something. Being the spy the she is, she tried to find out what was that all about and she found out about Blackthorne. During a practice mission, she met Zach. A handsome guy from the Blackthorne Institute.

As promised, this wouldn't be long and I don't think I would still read the third book. I was disappointed with this sequel. Why you ask. I just took down two major flops I found on the novel:
a.) How did Macey become a boy expert again? How young is she? How many boys did she date to be this good and can literally translate boy talk? I couldn't even do that in my age!
b.) The girls are FIFTEEN year olds, right? So, what? Do they just have to go and date one boy to the next? Like from Josh to Zach at that speed?
I said this on my other review that I am not looking at this novel morally or something. I just thought that the presentation of the girl's lovelife aren't really suited for the younger generation. (Just my opinion, okay?)

Why am I giving this two stars instead of one? I still love the ACADEMY.

VERDICT:
"Because even though the truth can set you free, that doesn't mean it won't be painful."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...