Wednesday, July 17, 2013

REVIEW: OF POSEIDON BY ANNA BANKS.

Title: Of Poseidon
Author: Anna Banks
Series: Of Poseidon #1
Edition: Paperback
Publication: May 22, 2012 by Feiwel and Friends
Source: Borrowed ARC from Precious over at Fragments of Life
Pages: 324
Genre: Mythology, Fantasy, Romance

Synopsis:

Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...

Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.

PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

Of Poseidon is exhilarating!

I am not entirely sure why I haven't picked this up sooner after I heard all the fuss about it! Good thing I was able to borrow an ARC from Precious at Fragments of Life last March during Tahereh Mafi's Book Signing! Imagine how long it took me to read it? That was four months! Tormenting myself wouldn't do justice on how long I deprived myself of something as fantastic as this novel! I swear on Triton's Trident, it was that good!

Emma is clumsy. When he tripped over on Galen at the beach, she was thrilled to look at his violet eyes, like hers, though she was completely embarrassed. A freak accident happened after they've separated and that's when Galen concluded that she's like him, a Syrena. Only he got confused because Emma didn't change appearance and he had to figure out the truth. He would do anything, including squeezing the truth from Emma herself.

Of Poseidon is absolutely no doubt one of the best novels I've read this year! This is absolutely no doubt one of the best Mythology books ever existed! THIS is absolutely no doubt THE best mermaid novel I ever read! How can you not love a novel that basically hits two birds with one stone? The love I have for mythology plus my hunger for the best mermaid novel just BAAM!! collided in one fantastic novel! What have I been doing all this time that I even had the guts to postpone reading this? THIS IS JUST SO GOOD I WANNA RE-READ IT AFTER I FINISHED IT! Banks definitely nailed bringing Poseidon's history to present and baking it to perfection! Like gooey, fluffy, yummy perfection! World building is as simple as I could picture it to be but hello??? TITANIC?? IN PERSON? DANG, THE BEST PART OF IT ALL! It was like reliving how much I loved Titanic when I was still in high school! And I am telling you, a date like that wouldn't even happen in my life time! The unveiling of secrets about Syrenas and how are they all related to Triton and Poseidon was timely educating and how twisted the ending was! If Riordan is the Father of Cliffhangers, is Banks the Mother? Ohmysweetgoodness, can it be more torturous than that? I am actually having issues processing all this awesomeness so please pardon me if I keep on fangirling or screaming or pulling my hair!

First of all, I was devastated about what happened to Chloe. I think at that point, someone could've saved her and a few characters could've saved her. Thinking how the novel claimed that Galen is the fastest Syrena. Second, why is Rayna so annoyingly cute? Lastly, why do they all have gorgeous, mouth watering VOILET eyes again? I just died there! It was hard for me to be a fan of Emma though. Her temper was annoying. And why did it take her that long to save her friend? But the way she wanted to beat up Rayna? That was AMAZING! Galen however, was definitely a one of a kind character. This was my first encounter with a Syrena and I loved how he was described. His persistence in knowing the truth about Emma, his dilemma to choose between saving mankind and the one person he wanted to be with maybe too heavy for his shoulders but he willingly carried it without complaints. Their pseudo-relationship was at first hilarious and a predictable one I should say, but the way it transgressed was unexpected. It was as if the water itself brought them together and I'm wishing more from their romance in Of Triton!

Of Poisedon would drown you with excitement. The questions behind how the truth would be unveiled is a phenomenon I cannot contain! It is dangerous, adventurous and mysterious! How one person can ever love a novel this much? I have no idea but I am in love with this series! The overall impact is a like tsunami that would knock off your breathing!

Thank you for lending me your ARC, Precious!

"Morning tide makes a great companion when you don’t want to be around people. It soothes and comforts and doesn't ask for anything. But the sun does. The higher it gets, the more I am reminded that nothing stops time. There is no escaping it."
 

4 comments:

  1. You convinced me! I will be picking this book up the next time I am at the library. After reading your review I'm not sure why I have been putting it off for so long since I love mythology and would like to read a well done mermaid novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleaseeeee Kay, please!! Then tell me what you think about it! :) Eeeeek!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That's a very gushing review!! I read this myself just last week and I really enjoyed it! Of Triton was equally amazing! I thought that that was the last book in the series, but word is there's a third one to happen! So not sure if it's a trilogy or a series now. But sooo looking forward to Of Neptune and I don't even know what it will be about! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I was seriously tempted to get a copy of Of Triton the other day but I didn't! LOL! I loveddddd this so much! So glad you liked it too! Thank you Jessica!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...