Saturday, June 28, 2014

STACKING THE SHELVES (50): THE UNKNOWN EDITION.


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that showcases newly acquired books or goodies we bought, received or borrowed during the week.
That is absolutely right. UNKNOWN. Well, I titled it Unknown Edition simply because I couldn't remember WHEN I purchased these books. I know where but not when. I didn't buy them in one go though.

I bought most of these several weeks back. I've read and reviewed Divergent already, I just had to get a hard cover version to match the rest of the books in the series. Also, I gifted my paperback editions of Divergent and Insurgent to my friend.

Been lusting over Since You've Been Gone and The Ring and the Crown so I immediately bagged them as soon as I saw copies from Fullybooked. Alice in Zombieland is also one of the long list of books I've been wanting to get. However, because the hard bound it TOO pricey, I settled for this paperback version. Honestly? The paperback is still expensive. Then there's Hold Still. Yep, squealed like a pig when I saw one copy. The cover's so so gorgeous. I also have reviewed We Were Liars and totally loved it. Thank you Kai and Jesselle for being the #WWLSupportGroup .

My bookish friends and I ordered Eleanor and Park Barnes and Noble Exclusive Edition and it is absolutely stunning! The illustrated pages are amazing! (I have photos of the illustrated pages on Instagram). And lastly, the most special of them all, my shimmering copy of City of Heavenly Fire. It is special not only because I waited so long for this or TMI is a fave but I bought this book when Mom and I went out for a date. :)


BOUGHT:
- City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (5/5 stars)
- Hold Still by Nina LaCour
- Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by Gena Showalter
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (Barnes and Noble Exclusive Collector's Edition) (8/5 stars)
- The Ring and The Crown (The Ring and the Crown #1) by Melissa de la Cruz
- Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth

Just want to say it took fifteen shots to find the right angle for this photo. Haha!

Thank you Fullybooked and National Bookstore!

23 comments:

  1. First off, the photo is staged really well. So cute! :)

    And wow what a stack of books! We Were Liars is great and I loved Eleanor & Park. I need to check out this collectors edition... Of course I loved Divergent. I still need to read Since You've Been Gone and City of Heavenly Fire. I gotta get to both of them soon.

    Happy reading!

    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Alice in Zombieland on my stack too!! I just borrowed it from the library. I absolutely adored Splintered by A.G. Howard, so I'm really hoping for something amazing and different from Zombieland. ;)
    My Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of fantastic books on this haul! The Ring and The Crown has been on my wishlist ever since it came out as well as We Were Liars. Since You've Been Gone looks stunning (cover-wise) and the plot of it sounds neat. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. City of Heavenly Fire was good. So looking forward to the next two shadow hunter series!!
    Great haul :D love the pic.

    Maura @ Yaaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eleanor and Park is very sweet. I really did like the series. Hope Ring and Crown is good. You got an amazing selection there. Alice in Zombieland was awesome. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a good haul, and I love the way you set up the photo. Enjoy!

    http://breathesbooks.com/2014/06/28/stacking-the-shelves-28/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never go wrong with Eleanor & Park. Simply one of the most amazing books ever written in the world of YA novels. <3
    Great stack you have in there. Enjoy Reading! Oh, and stay awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty, pretty books <3 I'm waiting for the special edition of Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. That one is so pretty too!

    My few additions ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy Fangirl but the limited edition rocks!

      Delete
  9. That picture is really cool! They all sound really awesome :). Hope you have loads of fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome book haul, I loved Alice in Zombieland! Here's my weekly haul :)
    http://mybookfilledlife.blogspot.com/2014/06/stacking-shelves-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you loved We Were Liars (I did too, and I cried :(.) I wasn't all that impressed with Alice in Zomebieland, (maybe because I'd read Splintered before it), but it just wasn't what I was expecting, it was good though. Happy reading! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always smile when I see Eleanor & Park, such a wonderful book! And, We Were Liars - blew my mind!
    Enjoy your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...