Monday, January 19, 2015

REVIEW: ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES BY JENNIFER NIVEN.

Title: All the Bright Places
Series: Standalone
Author: Jennifer Niven
Edition: Paperback (International Edition)
Publication: January 6, 2015 by Knopf (Random House)
Source: Bought from National Bookstore
Pages: 384
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary (Mental Illness), Romance

Synopsis:

Theodore Finch is fascinated by death, and he constantly thinks of ways he might kill himself. But each time, something good, no matter how small, stops him.

Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister’s recent death.

When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it’s unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the “natural wonders” of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It’s only with Violet that Finch can be himself—a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who’s not such a freak after all. And it’s only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet’s world grows, Finch’s begins to shrink.

This is an intense, gripping novel perfect for fans of Jay Asher, Rainbow Rowell, John Green, Gayle Forman, and Jenny Downham from a talented new voice in YA, Jennifer Niven.


PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

All the Bright Places left me emotionally dead.

I honestly don't know how to write this review because I am so unstable right now. That little piece of my heart I've been trying to save all this time has been taken from me. It was crushed over and over again that not even a surgery can fix. I need a new heart. I absolutely do. And this is All the Bright Places' fault.

I don't want to talk about anything else except THEODORE FINCH. Because if I do talk about how romantic their project turned out to be or if I do talk about how lovely their relationship molded, I just can't promise this review won't be a novel-length review. And I just really wanna talk a lot about THEODORE FINCH. Thinking about Finch right now brings tears to my eyes and THAT painful flutter in the chest begins. There is no way I'll forget Finch. No way. I know he's got those labels he hated but man, I've never seen a love expressed this way. His labels or depression didn't stop him from expressing his feelings with such intensity. He loved Violet in his own little ways and it makes it so painful because his love wasn't enough. All those things he did for himself and for Violet captivated me in so many unforgettable ways. He didn't make it too hard to fall in love with him. He's an amazing character. Broken indeed but mesmerizing.

Who would have thought that a character who is too fascinated with death is so full of life? He just didn't see it. He didn't know how much he is loved. He sank so deep in his "black moods" and overlooked Violet -- his the only person who made him so damn happy. I wish for so many things for Finch and Violet but alas, I wasn't the author. Niven made the journey so excruciating but wonderful.

Driven with passion, All the Bright Places reaches the deepest parts of the heart. Riveting and gripping, All the Bright Places is a magnificent and moving story -- that can melt the toughest hearts and maybe a thousand more.

"It's not your fault. And sorry wastes time. You have to live your life like you'll never be sorry. It's easier just to do the right thing from the start so there's nothing to apologize for."
"You are all the colors in one, at full brightness."
"We do not remember days, we remember moments."
"The thing I realize is that it it's not what you take, it's what you leave."

4 comments:

  1. I looove this review! Mine's live on the blog too if u want to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this book! *-* Sounds amazing!
    I have a blog as well, if you want to stop by I'd appreciate it so much! It's both in Italian and in English :3 -> http://frannieinthepages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...