Saturday, February 28, 2015

STACKING THE SHELVES (63): FEBRUARY 2015 HAUL EDITION.


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that showcases newly acquired books or goodies we bought, received or borrowed during the week.

Hello! It's the last day of the "love" month *cringes* and am super stoked for March already! I can't wait to be out there making new memories! I've been stuck at home since last year and this boredom will truly be my undoing. Job hunting has been difficult because most companies are trying to hire people through agencies and I don't like that so am crossing my fingers that March will bring me some good news. Am also excited because my TBR for this month is just amazing I can't wait to read!

These are the books I received these past couple of weeks. Anvil Publishing sent some books for review and I was happy because Anvil is one of our local publishing houses! It was also my first time receiving an ARC from Scholastic PH! There, there! Enjoy!


FOR REVIEW:
* Never Just Friends by Mina V. Esguerra (DNF review)
* Welcome to Envy Park by Mina V. Esguerra
* The Harder We Fall by Mina V. Esguerra
* Vendetta (Blood for Blood #1) by Catherine Doyle

BOUGHT:
* The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg

GIFTED: (EEEEEEEEK!!!!)
* I Was Here by Gayle Forman
* Golden Son (Red Rising Trilogy #2) by Pierce Brown (8-star review!) (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much Anvil Publishing, Scholastic Philippines, National Bookstore, Dianne of Oops, I Read a Book Again for I Was Here and Kai of Amaterasu Reads for Golden Son ARC!!! You guys are the bestest best ever!

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh THIS IS SO FANTASTIC! I loved Golden Son, though um confession...I actually preferred Red Rising! I'm like a minority. x) But it was still super exciting to read GS and, you know, visit that delightful world where the author rips out my heart and stomps on it. -_- IT HAS A WICKED CLIFFHANGER, RIGHT?! I hope you like the Catastrophic History of You and Me! I so love that book. My Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeek! I loved GS more than RR, I almost didn't like RR. And yes, that ending was brutal!!

      Delete
  2. Great haul! The Catastrophic History of You and Me is such a good book. I should give it a reread some time! I have yet to read I Was Here though it sounds so good. Gayle Forman is such awesome writer! I've not heard of any of these other books but I hope you enjoy them. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first 3 in the photo are from my local publisher :D Thanks for dropping by, Krystianna!

      Delete
  3. This is wonderful (:

    I haven't read Vendetta but I've seen it on some others' hauls which I think is wonderful! I also haven't read anything from Pierce Brown but I'm thinking that I have to since I really enjoyed Red Queen.

    My Stacking the Shelves + Montly Recap here.

    - Nova @ Out of Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, there should be no doubts or second thoughts! Go grab Red Rising and Golden Son!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...