Wednesday, February 3, 2016

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (48): THE MIRROR KING BY JODI MEADOWS.

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine that highlights our much anticipated books.
Expected Publication Date: April 5, 2016
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books

Wilhelmina has a hundred enemies.

HER FRIENDS HAVE TURNED. After her identity is revealed during the Inundation, Princess Wilhelmina is kept prisoner by the Indigo Kingdom, with the Ospreys lost somewhere in the devastated city. When the Ospreys’ leader emerges at the worst possible moment, leaving Wil’s biggest ally on his deathbed, she must become Black Knife to set things right.

HER MAGIC IS UNCONTROLLABLE. Wil’s power is to animate, not to give true life, but in the wraithland she commanded a cloud of wraith mist to save herself, and later ordered it solid. Now there is a living boy made of wraith—destructive and deadly, and willing to do anything for her.

HER HEART IS TORN. Though she’s ready for her crown, declaring herself queen means war. Caught between what she wants and what is right, Wilhelmina realizes the throne might not even matter. Everyone thought the wraith was years off, but already it’s destroying Indigo Kingdom villages. If she can’t protect both kingdoms, soon there won’t be a land to rule.

In this stunning conclusion to THE ORPHAN QUEEN, Jodi Meadows follows Wilhelmina’s breathtaking and brave journey from orphaned criminal on the streets to magic-wielding queen.

March of last year when I read my ARC of The Orphan Queen. This book is totally, absolutely different from Jodi's first series. The Orphan Queen was phenomenal. (I've used this word over and over, am so sorry because it truly is phenimenal) It was like seeing the other side of Jodi and I like this side way better. The Orphan Queen is incomparable, actually. And to prove how much I adored this story, here is my glowing 8-star review (click this)

Since I fell head over heels with the Black Knife (here), I couldn't contain myself from squealing and making weird noises every time someone mentions TOQ. I want to know him more. I want to know how everything would end. And most especially, I want to know more about the backend story of the Wraith and their powers. I've been shouting and pleading all over social media for an advance copy -- thanks to HC International and Edelweiss -- I got it months back! Also, my lovely friend Kai from Amaterasu Reads is going to gift me her printed ARC. WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

I just hope that The Mirror King would not underwhelm me. I have high hopes it wouldn't. Eeeek!


Hafsah from Iceybooks made Quote Candy graphics for ToG. Here's one I've been using ever since:


Also, ToQ is one of The Bookaholic Blurbs' Books of the Year for 2015 so imagine my excitement for TMK! I cannot truly wait for it! As in, I-C-A-N-N-O-T!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate! I am really looking forward to your review of Mirror King but I'm still hoping that I finish it before you post your review. Can't wait for April to come so that I get my hands on it already.

    -Gela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will finish it this week. I need to pause to give way to the other review books. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...