Saturday, November 8, 2014

STACKING THE SHELVES (58): THE GLASSES EDITION.


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that showcases newly acquired books or goodies we bought, received or borrowed during the week.

After a month (this was September) of being almost blind because I couldn't wear my contact lenses straight for 8 hours at work, I needed to get glasses I could wear anytime, anywhere. My contacts are irritating my eyes and I get headaches so I have to remove them while at work. I almost fell twice while walking because I couldn't see where I was going. So, I spent my last pay (I quit my job) scouring optical stores for the frame that fits my huge face and I finally found the last piece! It was also on sale!! Then I went to National Bookstore again to buy these books for the Claudia Gray and Madeleine Roux Book Signing Event! (and that was October.)


BOUGHT: (All signed)
* Asylum (Asylum #1) by Madeleine Roux
* Sanctum (Asylum #2) by Madeleine Roux
* A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird #1) by Claudia Gray

For some reason, I wasn't able to finish my coffee which was weird because I love frappes. Well, I alos spotted some awesome book tabs from Daiso, a Japanese store with cheap finds!


Thank you National Bookstore, Pacific Blue + Ideal Vision for my uber awesome glasses and Daiso!

What did you get this week?

16 comments:

  1. Those book tabs are ADORABLE! I wish we got them here :)

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My STS Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy your new books! Those tabs are adorable.

    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great looking books this week! I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Thousand Pieces of You was awesome and omg, cutie book tabs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw you guys raving about it! Can't wait to read it myself!

      Delete
  5. I know you will love A Thousand Pieces of You!

    Come and check out OUaT's STS !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too! I wasn't impressed by Evernight so hopefully I'd enjoy ATPoY!

      Delete
  6. Whoa, that's so dangerous working while you couldn't see. Sucks about the contacts though. :( I really wanted to love A Thousand Pieces of You but I hated it, while everyone seems to love it so I guess it's just me, haha.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! good thing I got glasses now!

      Nooooooooo! I haven't read ATPoY yet! I hope I'd enjoy it tho haha

      Delete
  7. Awesome haul! The Asylum series looks so good. So does A Thousand Pieces of You! I hope you enjoy your books.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, I love getting books signed -- did you get to interact much with the authors? I don't know the authors -- are you a fan already?

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cladia Gray and Madeleine Roux rock!! They were so sweet and kind! though I haven't read these yet

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...