Thursday, September 13, 2012

MANILA INTERNATIONAL BOOK FAIR 2012.

Where all other bookish explosions, shenanigans and fun stuff happen!
The 33rd Manila International Book Fair is a yearly event that showcases exhibitors nationwide to promote reading and books from local authors and publishers. Book enthusiasts all over the country gather to show support to our exhibitors, to meet fellow book lovers and to enjoy discounted books and freebies being given away. The event houses different book genres to cater everybody's needs and there's also a program for everyone who's interested to watch/learn. This is my first time participating in such events and I've never seen so much books in my life, from religious to text books to novels! And it will be from September 12-16!

Gorgeous free bookmark passes I got from FullyBooked Mall of Asia branch!
At SMX lobby.
I was a bit disoriented because I wasn't really feeling well and was completely overwhelmed by those hundreds of booths around me. And here are some of the exibitors:

FullyBooked
NBS
Roaming around these exhibits made my unwell feelings aggravated so I stayed at Fullybooked's then made a lot of thinking on what books to get because as you all know, I should still be on a book buying ban but since my birthday is coming up soon, I put it aside for the mean time.

 
My purchases from FullyBooked came with a nice shopping bag!
And after 30 minutes or so of debating with myself, here are my hauls from the event:
Book hauls from FullyBooked
🔼 Fire (Graceling Realm #2) by Kristin Cashore
🔼 Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #2) by Wendy Higgins
🔼 Hereafter (Hereafter #1) by Tara Hudson
🔼 Starcrossed (Starcrossed #1) by Josephine Angelini
    So there's my awesome first MIBF escapade! I sure did have a lot of fun and as early as now, I would be saving for the 34th MIBF next year!

    Did you attend?

    6 comments:

    1. Good luck with Hereafter! LOL it's a quick read with the usual insta-love. You obviously had fun in the con even if you're sick. I hope you're feeling better now

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I did but I know it would have been fun with friends. Am feeling worse but thank you :D

        Delete
    2. Great photos! Now I can't wait to visit MIBF tomorrow. Your photos made me drool LOL. Love your blog and welcome to the blogging world. New follower.

      -Dannielle

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. WOW! Thanks for following back Dannielle! You're so pretty! Enjoy your book shopping tomorrow! <3

        Delete
    3. Ahh what a great convention! Canada doesn't seem to have a huge event like this, only in the states do they have Book Expo America! Great pics :)

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...