Sunday, November 4, 2012

REVIEW: SWEET EVIL BY WENDY HIGGINS.

Title: Sweet Evil
Author: Wendy Higgins
Series: The Sweet Trilogy #1
Edition: Paperback
Publication: May 1st 2012 by HarperTeen
Pages: 453 pages
Source: Bought from Fullybooked MIBF Booth
Genre: Paranormal, Romance

Synopsis:

Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

When I was just starting to book blog back in May, I saw this on my of the blogs I visited. I immediately marked it as to-read on Goodreads and since then, I patiently waited for the right time to get it. I didn't really become instantly intrigued by it so I waited. Until MIBF last July.

Higgins created a story that everyone could definitely relate to. Sweet Evill exudes all things positive that surprised me. Anna's benevolence is so overwhelming that I thought, one can always see good things inspite of a bad situation. She also portrayed the importance of being a good person not only through her family but to those people who have done her wrong but easily finds forgiveness in her heart. It didn't end with her but continued through Jay's good intentions and friendship, Patti's undying love for Anna, Belial's compassion for her daughter and Kaidan's sacrifice. And what I really liked about this story is that it is created in a perfect balance: good and bad. I've never been this emotional when it comes to books before but the pain Anna has to go through relived the pain somewhere in my heart. My chest has been clouded with that intense longing for someone you love so much that it hurts. It isn't everyday that you get to sympathize with a character and tell yourself, "I know this feeling".

An angel and demons inspired story is all over YA and Higgins was able to create a top notched take on it. Being a child of a man that controls sins is nothing but a hair-raising thought and working to influence people to do bad is really mind-blowing. I didn't get tired of the story and I was basically eager to finish it to see the story's development though there are a few things I wish I've overlooked. Anna is a very religious character but she instantly gave in to torrid kissing and almost went all the way. She maybe under Kaidan's irresistible power but what happened to her virtues at that part? Her self-control is one thing I could praise about her but again, you just don't get to fall deeply in love like that in four days.

I am happy that I liked Sweet Evil. It is another heart breaking romance that would make you fight the impossible and go against all odds. Reading it gives a roller-coaster emotion that would make you yearn for Sweet Peril.

"We have to face difficulties to find out what our true strengths are. How we come back from failure is a very valuable test."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...