Saturday, November 3, 2012

STACKING THE SHELVES (04): THE FULL-BLOWN HOARDING EDITION.

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that showcases newly acquired books or goodies we bought, received or borrowed during the week.
*04/2016 EDIT: Tweaking the format to match the new blog theme.*

Last week I've mentioned that I would be on book buying ban this month and am still under strict supervision. But Sunday last week, my brother agreed to get me books and would just pay him later so here are the titles I let him buy.

I know that this is way beyond my usual monthly budget but I'd really like to thank my brother for letting me spend this much. He agreed that I could pay him on an installment basis and I couldn't be any happier! I really really loved The Alchemyst by Michael Scott and its one of the series, together with Beautiful Creatures, that I'd like to complete first before reading because I hate to stop and die because of cliffhangers! Hemlock, Raven Boys and Until I Die are all on my wishlist while Supernaturally, Forsaken and  are all additional purchases since they're the books I saw first at the store. (I loved Paranormalcy too and am super thrilled about Forsaken!)

There are more books to be released this month and I know am going to murder my bank account and wallet! I just really cannot resist! I just wish that all of these would be worth the sacrifice.


BOUGHT: (FullyBooked, Bonifacio High Street Branch)
🔼 Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles #2) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
🔼 The Forsaken (The Forsaken #1) by Lisa Stasse
🔼 Hemlock (Hemlock #1) by Kathleen Peacock
🔼 The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #3) by Michael Scott
🔼 Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2) by Kiersten White
🔼 The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
🔼 Until I Die (Revenants #2) by Amy Plum

What did you get this week?

36 comments:

  1. Wow, that sure is a lot! And those are all in my to-read list <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Forsaken sounds ace, you've got loads of great choices there. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read The Raven Boys and Until I Die! Lucky!


    Here is my Stacking the Shelves: http://readwritesleepeat.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/stacking-shelves-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great books this week! Nearly all of them are on my TBR list too!
    I hope you enjoy them all!

    Just stopping by, no STS post for me this week. =)

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh lots of nice goodies!! Looove White's trilogy, which I still have to finish! And Hemlock was simply awesome as well!! I haven't read the others but hear lots of good things about them, so I say you are set with some awesome reads there! Enjoy!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you Jessica!

      I really enjoyed Paranormalcy and Flamel series!

      Will do! :)

      Delete
  6. Ooooh Hemlock looks really good! Looks like an awesome stack of books. I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so! :) This is basically worth 2 weeks of my work allowance so I hope I get to enjoy them! Thank you Jessica!

      Delete
  7. Great books!! I'm jealous of The Forsaken and Hemlock! Unfortunately I wasn't crazy about The Raven Boys (I couldn't finish it), but I definitely seem to be in the minority so I'm sure you'll love it! Enjoy all your books! :)

    My Stacking the Shelves - My First Physical ARCs Edition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had Hemlock on my wishlist for quite some time and when I saw it available here, OMG! I took it! :)

      Delete
  8. THE RAVEN BOYS = YES. I still really need to get a hold of Hemlock - it sounds so good!

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had The Forsaken on my shelf ever since it came out and I still haven't read it for some reason! I've heard nothing but great things about it though. I should really pick up my copy of Supernaturally soon because I read Paranormalcy back in July and I absolutely loved it! Evie was such an amazing main character. :)

    Thanks for sharing what you purchased this week in books!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked them too! Yay! I loved Paranormalcy! :) Thanks for dropping by Krystianna!

      Delete
  10. Looking forward to your thoughts on all of these!

    Kristen @OCA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved Supernaturally and Beautiful Darkness! Been meaning to read Raven Boys, Until I Die and Hemlock! I have them just haven't gotten the chance to read. Great haul! I hope you enjoy! Happy reading :)

    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked The Raven Boys, and so want to read Until I Die *le sigh*

    Happy Reading!
    btw, you have a great brother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some really awesome books this week! I recently read The Raven Boys and absolutely loved it. Enjoy all of your new books!

    Our StS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great haul! I absolutely loved The Raven Boys, I just don't want to wait for the sequel. I totally understand about book buying bans...I need to have one of those, too. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to mend this book madness or else am gonna die poor and starved HAHAHA

      Delete
  15. I *loved* Forsaken and Hemlock. Both were fantastic book. Enjoy!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, this might be cheating, but Hemlock looks awesome! Enjoy!!

    I'm a new follower :D Here's my STS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...