Tuesday, October 21, 2014

BOOKISH EVENT: HARPERCOLLINS WINTER 2015 PREVIEW.

Where all other bookish explosions, shenanigans and fun stuff happens!

Today, I just got home from one of the most amazing events I attended this year. Sarah Woodruff, awesome Publicist of HarperCollins US International Sales, hosted HarperCollins Winter 2015 Preview at Nationa Bookstore's Head Office in Mandaluyong. I was so fortunate enough to be invited in this small but absolutely fantastic event together with my lovely blogger friends. This event is probably the event of the year for me because this one is another affirmation that I am now a legit book blogger. I've been book blogging for years now but I still couldn't completely believe it, that you know, some authors, bookstores and publishers recognize me now. I guess I will never be able to fully admit how legit all this is. :)

Sarah answers some questions about book publishing, cover change and a little bit of sales.
Sarah brought snacks which include 2 packs of my fave Reese's and then we played some games. Our team lost the YA trivia part of the game but I won the raffle! I won a box of surprise galleys!! WOOHOOO!! After the games (this was the fun part for me), Sarah shared the titles Harpercollins will  be publishing next year!! They are all intriguing and we couldn't help but go like "oooooooh!" "wooooooooow" and "OMG"! This is the first time I attended an event like this and hopefully wouldn't be the last so my reactions during the event were powered by excitement! Then, Sarah answered our questions about book publishing, what are her responsibilities as a Publicist, how huge their building in NY is, a little bit of sales and of course, books she loved! I understood now the science behind blurbs and book cover changes. Even though cover changes are completely annoying especially if the it's in the middle of the series, I don't think I would still feel bad anymore. Sarah is so genuinely nice and friendly and she liked the yema I brought her! She's so approachable and I didn't feel shy around her (or maybe am just thick-faced like that :) ). We took pictures with her, asked her to sign our photos and had pizza for dinner. Then when she announced we could take galleys from the pile, it was like World War III! HAHAHA! My blogger friends are just adorable!

THE galleys that caused World War III :)
Here's the list of the titles included in their Winter 2015 catalog from HarperCollins: (oh, how I wish we have snow here!)

* The Jewel by Amy Ewing (Expected Publication Date: September 2, 2014)
* Falling into Place by Amy Zhang (September 9, 2014)
* Endgame: The Calling by James Frey and Nils Johnson-Shelton (October 7, 2014)
* A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray (November 4, 2014)
* Transcendent (Starling #3) by Lesley Livingston (December 23, 2014)
* Willowgrove (Hemlock #3) by Kathleen Peacock (January 6, 2015)
* Twisted Fate by Norah Olson (January 20, 2015)
* A Cold Legacy (The Madman's Daughter #3) by Megan Shepherd (January 27, 2015)
* Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff (January 27, 2015)
* Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (February 10, 2015)
* My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga (February 10, 2015)
* The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand (February 10, 2015)
* Better Than Perfect by Melissa Kantor (February 17, 2015)
* A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas (February 24, 2015)
* Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver (March 3, 2015)
* The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen #1) by Jodi Meadows (March 10, 2015)
* Everything That Makes You by Moriah McStay (March 15, 2015)
* Blackbird Fly by Erin Entrada Kelly **FILIPINO PROTAG AND AUTHOR (March 24, 2015)
* The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die #2) by Danielle Paige (March 31, 2015)
* Lies I Told by Michelle Zink (April 7, 2015)
* The Pretty App (App #2) by Katie Sise (April 14, 2015)
* Forged (Taken #3) by Erin Bowman (April 14, 2015)
* 99 Days by Katie Cotugno (April 21, 2015)
* The Secrets of Attraction by Robin Constantine (April 28, 2015)
* Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley (April 28, 2015)
* The Heir (The Selection #4) by Kiera Cass (May 5, 2015)
* Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider (May 26, 2015)

(Dates are from Goodreads so they might be changed. Also, go ahead and check these titles out because believe it or not, each plot is extraordinarily unique, fresh and intriguing!)

PHYABookBloggers with Sarah and our acquired galleys!
We stayed a little bit longer and chatted with Sarah and my blogger friends. Afterwards, we had another set of dinner at Jolibee in the same area then headed home.

The galley I got from the event! Super stoked for this one!
I went home with so much smile in my face and joy in my heart. Books can really do wonders in ones life! I've never even thought I would be here, wherever I am at right now in this blogging life but I just feel so accomplished and grateful for these opportunities. This will never get old and I will never get tired! AM SO HAPPY, REALLY!

With Sarah Woodruff!
So to cap the night off, thank you ever so much, HarperCollins, Sarah and National Bookstore for such wonderful event! This experience will forever remind me of beautiful things and happy feelings! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds like such a cool event!!! I wish they would do one in England. :) It looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeek! I didn't see this until now! Thanks for dropping by, Ashley! This event was so coool!

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome! So many impressive ARCs! *googly eyes* Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...