Saturday, October 25, 2014

STACKING THE SHELVES (56): THE RED RISING EDITION.


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that showcases newly acquired books or goodies we bought, received or borrowed during the week.

This is post is long overdue. I bought Red Rising last September as a birthday gift to myself. I've been procrastinating for so long, hence the super late post. I was also so sick that day that I've been in bed for almost 3 days that week. I had a horrible case of flu. But since I wanted to spend my birthday with my best friend, I asked my nephew to drive me to BGC so my best friend and I could have late lunch. I haven't seen him for over 3 months and we've been best friends for over 4 years, am really not accustomed to not seeing him everyday. So there, we went to Contis BGC and just ate and talked and made fun of stuff (as we always do). I was really not feeling well and he live 2 hours away from that place so we had to separate early. It was such a simple birthday lunch but it meant the world to me. My effort of forcing myself to get up to see him was worth it.

After we had lunch, I went to Fullybooked and I found 2 copies of Red Rising. I couldn't pass up. I bagged it and stayed a little longer and spent the another hour sitting there. BGC is absolutely home to me. If am just rich, I would buy myself a condo there and just live a merry life. But alas! Hahaha!

Here are photos of Red Rising!!

Right at the counter!
While reading it!
After!
If you follow me on Twitter, you would know how much I fancy Pierce Brown! and I actually got the best birthday gift ever!


BOUGHT:

* Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy #1) by Pierce Brown

Here's my blurb:

"Red Rising is absolutely heart-racing, hair-raising and mind-blowing take on a very cruel dystopian world. It speaks a language so uniquely and tells a story so admirably. Holding distinct characters as its strength, it doesn't stop there. Love, revenge, and freedom are cooking in such impeccable way that tasting Red Rising would have you asking for more."
I made a Street Team for Pierce Brown on Twitter so don't forget to follow it and follow him as well!
My Street Team: @PierceBrownPH
His account: @Pierce_Brown

OMG, right? It was really an awesome birthday, guys! I still couldn't get over it!
What did yo get this week, though?

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...