Friday, June 15, 2012

REVIEW: ACROSS THE UNIVERSE BY BETH REVIS.

Title: Across the Universe 
Author: Beth Revis
Series: Across the Universe #1
Source: Bought
Edition: Paperback
Publication: January 1, 2011 by Razorbill
Pages: 398 pages
Category: Dystopian, Sci-Fi

Synopsis:

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:
Amazon 🔼 Barnes and Noble 🔼 Book Depository

I bought this book February of this year then I started reading it around last week of May. I know it took me a while to finish it not for any other reason but I was just busy and I finished some books I bought after it. It was my bad it took me this long and I regret it! I should've attended to this first!

It was phenomenal. Who would have thought of writing something about freezing people that could last centuries up until the moment you wake them up! That is just so futuristic and it could happen, you know. Plus the fact that both the main characters tell you the story and not just focus on one person. That took all the boredom because you have 2 person's thoughts. I also like the twist of the story: from being "not normal" to discovering why everybody is monoethnic. Story revolved not only on the high-tech ship but those secrets that are just not meant to be kept forever plus lies usually work at first but once you get busted, you'd see the damage! This is a mind-wrecking book!

Can't wait for the next Godspeed adventure!


"Power isn’t control at all — power is strength, and giving that strength to others. A leader isn’t someone who forces others to make him stronger; a leader is someone willing to give his strength to others that they may have the strength to stand on their own."
"I never thought about how important the sky was until I didn't have one."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...