Tuesday, June 20, 2017

THE THING ABOUT HEARTBREAKS..

"The thing about heartbreak, I realized, is it's not really about waiting for things to stop hurting before you start moving. A broken heart can and will heal in time, but for time to actually do its job, I needed to acknowledge what I had lost and move on. However, I knew it was going to take a while - that the road would be littered with bumps and possibly smaller heartbreaks that would punch me in the gut and make me grieve again.

Even with all the truths I held in my heart, there were so many uncertainties left and so many things that I had to learn over again on my own. I didn't know if things would turn out the way I wanted then to, until I got there. For now, all I needed to do was to keep moving, because at the one of the day, uncertainties were simply an exercise in faith."
The title of this blog post is from a book I loved so much. This post is more than the heartaches I got from reading her stories but actually an appreciation post for Ana Tejano. So Ana, this one's for you.

I know this is so weird because we just finally met in person few months back. But here's something for you. Please don't be weirded out.


The first time I ugly cried over a book was when I read The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand. It was literally a snot fest (HAHA gross, sorry) because ughhh it was so emotionally invested I couldn't contain the pain and sadness in my heart. So my tearducts took over. It was that mind-blowing good that I posted a photo of myself while I was crying (I didn't think at that time it would eventually be embarrassing so I removed it).Then I read your book Keep the Faith and let me tell you this, it was snot fest all over again and some.


There's something in your writing that legit captivated my reader heart that I wanna devour your books - even your grocery list - right away. Keep the Faith was too short, as in too short to pick me up on the floor. There's a need in me for Keep the Faith to be longer (PLEASE MAKE SOME MORE SEQUELS) and well, all your novels should be longer because aside from it's torturing my heart, I NEED more feels. You see, I recently reviewed your new book, You Could Be the One and man, it gave me serious cheek cramps so you gotta write more. You just gotta do it, man. For the sake of my sanity, please do.


Your characters give me so much life I could not even begin to tell you how much they mean to me. Especially Faith. It's as if you picked her from my past and you wrote her to torment me (I love it, don't worry). She encapsulated all those mysterious emotions I wasn't able to name and now I fully recognize them. THAT cry was such a good cry, Ana. I didn't expect I would still feel a hint of pain from losing people and it made me rethink how I value things. If I didn't read your book, I would still be in that floating zone where I deny what I felt. Thank you for validating my 'old' feelings and for making me realize they were real. Your book helped me get to that level of acknowledgement and put the much needed closure in a way, so thank you. Thank you so much.


You are instantly added to my Auto-Buy Authors list and you legit deserve that spot. The way you mold words into cardiac-arrest inducing stories is just magical to me. Not only that, your stories are all delightful and packed with delicious twists. It's always nice to look forward to reading something from you and get my heart broken again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...