Friday, February 16, 2018

BIG BAD WOLF PH BOOK SALE 2018.


Big Bad Wolf Book Sale originated in Malaysia back in 2009 and it is their first time here in the Philippines. There are over two million books on sale plus admission is free! They will also be open 24 hours a day from today til the 25th. As a  huge lover of books, it's definitely a book sale I wouldn't pass up on.


Lucky enough, my bookstagrammer/blogger friend Eunice of @nerdytalksbookblog got an Exclusive Preview Pass which is good for two and she tagged me along last night! Just got home a few hours back and I did enjoy being with my bookish friend.


World Trade Center in Pasay City is huge (and thankfully, near me) and I was instantly overwhelmed with books from different genres in different editions! Of course, first aisle I visited was the Young Adult annnnnnnnd




I was honestly *slightly* disappointed. Okay, hear me out. I am a hardbound collector and I actually didn't know what to expect so when I saw that most YA titles are old and majority are paperbacks, I felt just.. sad. I frequently see most of those titles in our local Book Sale Store and I don't know, maybe I was just subconsciously comparing it to the previous sale I went to.. they didn't have the titles I was looking for and everything was kinda a mess (books in the same series are scattered in different aisles and such) so yeah, I was sad. Buuuuuut if book formats you don't really mind and that you badly just want to get a hold of books, this sale is for you!



They didn't have much of YA variety to choose from and I also didn't find poetry books but they have good selection of Romance and Children's. I love their Non-Fiction and Art selections!

I saw some bookish friends - Gela and Gavin - and thankfully, I didn't forget to take a photo! Gavin toured me and he knows where to find which! Absolutely impressive! Thanks, Gavin!


Book prices range from (from what I actually saw ehehe) 190-230, boxed sets are roughly around 700-900. Cashiers are all so efficient despite the long lines! Most of the staff are approachable and accomodating! The ones I got are 230 each and I am quite happy with my haul. Who am I to complain when I have new books?

As usual, I filled my cart first and then sorted them out. Was only supposed to get 4 but I couldn't... I just had to get these! And like I said, I am pretty happy with these! Hahaha loooook


- Flawed (Flawed #1) by Cecelia Ahern
- The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus #4) by Rick Riordan
- The Scorpion Rules (Prisoners of Peace #1) by Erin Bow
- Soundless by Richelle Mead
- Wolf by Wolf (Wolf By Wolf #1) by Ryan Graudin

I would understand if some people get disappointed but don't let that discourage you! Go grab that opportunity to experience this book sale (that some proceeds would go to Gawad Kalinga) and enjoy! My overall experience wasn't so bad actually!

What day will you go?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...