Monday, July 9, 2012

REVIEW: CROSSED BY ALLY CONDIE.

Title: Crossed (Matched #2)
Author: Ally Condie
Series: Matched #2
Edition: Paperback
Publication: November 1, 2011 by Dutton Children's
Source: Bought
Pages: 367
Category: Dystopia, Romance

Synopsis:

Rules Are Different Outside The Society

Chasing down an uncertain future, Cassia makes her way to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky--taken by the Society to his sure death--only to find that he has escaped into the majestic, but treacherous, canyons. On this wild frontier are glimmers of a different life and the enthralling promise of a rebellion. But even as Cassia sacrifices every thing to reunite with Ky, ingenious surprises from Xander may change the game once again.
Narrated from both Cassia's and Ky's point of view, this hotly anticipated sequel to Matched will take them both to the edge of Society, where nothing is as expected and crosses and double crosses make their path more twisted than ever.

PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

Just like Matched, I have Crossed sitting on my shelf for several months before it took its turn to be pulled off. The release date had passed and I'm quite sad that my books have to wait for their turn to be read just because I only have free time during the weekends. And I wished Crossed's turn was after I bought it.

Matched didn't quite hit my story taste because my expectation of it was dystopian with a little bit of romance. It turned out to be the other way around and it quite made me sigh. When I was about to read Crossed, I was really hoping that it would give justice to the high reviews it received and thankfully, it did! I was really hooked to it and it's one of the books that "unputdownable". This book is told in an alternate way which made me understand each character's views and gave the book an enthralling adventure. Crossed proved me wrong that now I can no longer wait to get and finish its story on Reached.

Cassia took me by surprise. Initially I thought that she, along her way on finding Ky, would be very much dependent on her friends because she grew up from a very organized life in the Borough. She took huge risks just to be with Ky. The way she trusted Indie, when she rode the plane that would take them to the Outer Provinces without knowing what awaits them, when she endured the pain that climbing the Carving gave her and when she accepted the pain of leaving her family aside. I never thought she would be this brave. Ky however kind of became the emotional one. He wouldn't choose any side because he's afraid. There was a part when he thought of not being with Cassia when she joins the Rising because of trust issues but eventually joined it. I wasn't really a fan of that but all in all, they made the story very exciting and as I have said, I couldn't wait for Reached.

Xander and Indie actually made me intrigued. What would be their participation in all of these? Yay! Reached, be published soon!!

"In the end you can't always choose what to keep. You can only choose how you let it go."

4 comments:

  1. So... I found your review. I'm reading this now. Hopefully ill end up liking it as much as you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yay! Sorry super late reply Mrs. Jones! how was it? Did you like it?

      Delete
  2. Hmm maybe I'll pick this up again. I got half way through and then -- this is actually a shock for me -- I found I couldn't finish it. It got so repetitive and boring. I felt like it could have been condensed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...