Wednesday, November 20, 2013

REVIEW: DAIMON BY JENNIFER ARMENTROUT.

Title: Daimon (Covenant #0.5)
Author: Jennifer Armentrout
Edition: Paperback
Published: May 6, 2013
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Pages: 62
Source: Bought from Fullybooked
Category: Romance, Paranormal
Trailer: Not applicable.

AmazonBook Depository GoodreadsBarnes and NobleFullybooked

Synopsis:

For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals—pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a freak by mortal standards… and that she'll never be prepared for that duty.

According to her mother, that’s a good thing.

But as every descendant of the gods knows, Fate has a way of rearing her ugly head. A horrifying attack forces Alex to flee Miami and try to find her way back to the very place her mother had warned her she should never return—the Covenant. Every step that brings her closer to safety is one more step toward death… because she's being hunted by the very creatures she'd once trained to kill.

The daimons have found her.
When my lovely blogger friend Louisse Ang created the JLA Twitter and Facebook Fanpage, it really made me think that I probably be missing so much in life. She isn't only a die hard fan but she totally loves JLA. So I thought, why not get copies of JLA books and see what the fuss is all about myself. Today my friends, I read the prequel novella of Half Blood, and I am absolutely impressed.

Daimon is just a 62-page novella (thankfully it is printed) and way cheaper than the novels itself. In 62 pages, Armentrout made me want to start readathoning her series in an instant. Daimon is intense, action-packed, emotional and intriguing. This I hope is a glimpse to a masterpiece worth all the money I spent (am only lacking Sentinel). It has what I want most in a novel: kick ass heroine, cinematic world building, promising romance and light and quirky prose. Goodness, I really cant wait to start reading Half Blood and see more.

I think I read it at the wrong and right time.Wrong time because I just had a misunderstanding with my mother and the gruesome thing happened here isn't really the right thing for me to visualize at the moment. But right time because it made me love my own mother more. What thing can be more beautiful than that? Also, I loved Alex. She isn't afraid to do the correct thing even if it is against what she feels. I adored how she tries to save Red even if he tried to rob her. And who is the mysterious guy Alex might not be able to see again? I loved this prequel to bits!

Daimon is the best prequel for a series I am afraid I wouldn't love. It gave me the right amount of wanting. I want to read Half Blood right after I finished Daimon and the thrilling ending is enough to torture me to want for more! 62 pages worth of action and emotion I couldn't find anywhere else! Armentrout, just so you know, you impressed me!

"Damn girl. Is your daddy a thief?"
"What?"
I'd never actually met my dad. Maybe he was. All I knew was that he'd been mortal. Hopefully, he'd been nothing like these two ass-hats. Ren flexed his nonexistent muscles, smiling.
"Well, then who stole those diamonds and put them in your eyes?"
"Wow."
"Normal girls didn’t want their boobs mauled either, and I wholly believed if they could’ve landed a fist like I could, they would have."

2 comments:

  1. Eeep!! I am so glad that you enjoyed Daimon (even if it's only a novella)! Right at the very beginning, you already see Alex's trademarl wit and sassiness that bleeds throughout the whole series so there's definitely going to be able a lot of fun times in store for you. And yeah, I am seriously a die-hard JLA fan! I reread her books whenever I have the time because AIDEN. ♥ Haha! Great review, Lady and I'll be looking forward to your thoughts for the rest of the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee!! Hopefully you wouldn't be disappointed with my Half Blood review! Thank you for introducing this series to me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...