Monday, July 18, 2016

REVIEW: A COURT OF MIST AND FURY BY SARAH J. MAAS.

Title: A Court of Mist and Fury
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses #2
Edition: Hardcover
Publication: May 3rd 2016 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Source: Bought from Fullybooked
Pages: 640
Genre: New adult, Romance, High-Fantasy,

Synopsis:
The #1 New York Times bestselling sequel to Sarah J. Maas' spellbinding A Court of Thorns and Roses.

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.

PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

Took me a while to finish this because why does adulting have to ruin everything?

My friends were right, ACOMAF felt like a totally different series. Like, you're starting a new one. SARAH J MAAS made a GLORIOUS 360 DEGREE-CHANGE. It was totally not the sequel I was anticipating but I believe, she did this to make the story much compelling. I DUNNO, HATE ME ALL YOU WANT BUT I LIKED THIS SEQUEL AND I LIKED EVERYTHING IN IT EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST 200 PAGES WHERE NOTHING HAPPENED. I ALSO OFFICIALLY SWITCHED TEAMS AND I AM NOW TEAM RHYSAND BECAUSE SJM IS SO CRUEL TO MY HEART, TO TAMLIN HAHAHA. I ALSO HAVE THIS LOVE AND HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH FEYRE BECAUSE I INITIALLY FELT HOW BROKEN SHE WAS AND I ADORE HER FOR PULLING THROUGH AND AT THE SAME TIME I FELT HER RAGE FOR BEING LOCKED UP I WANT TO PUNCH EVERYONE IN THE FACE WHEN THEY DID THAT UGH BUT SOMETIMES SHE'S JUST SO FULL OF HERSELF IT MAKES ME HEAVE.

YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND THOUGH WHY TAMLIN DID WHAT HE DID RIGHT? AND WHY FEYRE'S FEELINGS WENT SOUTH BECAUSE WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS WRONG WITH TAMLIN I KNOW HE'S SCARED TO LOSE HER OR THERE'S A REASON BEHIND THAT WOULD BE REVEALED NEXT BOOK OR SOMETHING, I DON'T CARE I MEAN COME ON MAN YOU HAVE THE GIRL WHY IMPRISON HER? THERE SHOULD BE LIKE, FUCKING TRUST THERE TAMLIN WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE SUCH THE DOUCHIEST DOUCHE BAG, I LOVED YOU TAMLIN BUT YOU FUCKING PUSHED ME AWAY

IT ALSO FELT LIKE THIS IS ALL ABOUT JUSTIFYING EVERYTHING RHYSAND DID. HELLO???????? HE TERRORIZED THE ENTIRE REALM FOR AS LONG AS SJM CAN REMEMBER AND THEM BAAAAM BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN SAY 'RHYSAND'. HE'S SUDDENLY THE WHAT, THE ------- ONE?? YOU GET ME? BUT WELL, I AM TOTALLY OKAY WITH THAT WTH GIVE ME MORE RHYSAND I'LL TAKE IT BECAUSE I AM NOT JUDGEMENTAL AND EVERYBODY DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE RIGHT ---

MY FEELINGS went a little bit south as well during that ridiculous cave scene with the King LIKE, FUCK, RHYSAND DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING? REALLY? OF ALL THE THINGS HE ANTICIPATED, THIS ONE HE MISSED? UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE. BUT HE'S STILL THE CLEVER ONE, LIKE I DUNNO MAN, I JUST HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS I COULDN'T FIND THE ANSWERS TO LIKE WHY DIDN'T HE MANIPULATE THE QUEENS' MINDS IF HE'S THE MOST POWERFUL HIGH LORD OF ALL AND WHY IS IT ALWAYS FEYRE LIKE WHY NOT UNLEASH WHATEVER MONSTER AMREN IS AND WIPE THEM ALL AAAAAAH SEND HELPPPPP

A Court of Mist and Fury is TAUNTING, HAUNTING, AND IS SO FUCKING PAINFUL YOU WOULD WANT TO THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW. SJM MASTERED TOYING WITH MY FEELINGS AND ACOMAF LEGIT DESTROYED ME. I CANNOT ANYMORE WITH THIS LIFE

"To the stars who listen— and the dreams that are answered."

2 comments:

  1. THIS. I absolutely LOVED reading your review! Sooo agree with everything you said although I was Team Rhysand from book 1!

    - Poulami @ Daydreaming Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA he was so unbelievably rude and egotistic in Book 1!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...