Friday, September 9, 2016

WHEN THERE'S TEA, THERE'S BLOGGER PARTY!

BOOKISH EVENT: PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE GLOBAL TEAM'S BLOGGER TEA PARTY.
This is my first time trying this graphic text thingy as a header of the blog post and well, I am cringing because ugh OCD but I love making it! The blog needs a little breather from the flowerish headers and this is another reason for me to stock up on photos! Weeeeh for photo ops/BTS!

Anyway, last August 29 (Monday), I attended *cue screaming* Penguin Random House's Blogger Tea Party at Bizu in Greenbelt! Well, it's shocking that I had a hard time searching for the darn place (booo Google Maps!) so I arrived 15 minutes late and to be honest, my normal office attire wasn't made for the place. (I should have been a little bit presentable because my office clothes are combo of pants, shirts, sneakers) BUT HOLY MACARON I FINALLY MET CHRISTINE SWEDOWSKY AFTER FOUR YEARS OF WORKING WITH HER!!! Christine is my first ever contact (back from her previous company) and we go way back, like 2012. I was so thrilled when I got invited in this party because I've been wanting to meet her! Epppppp!!


Christine is so bubbly and she even told us she finally experienced riding a tricycle! She's all smiles and very approachable. JM and the other kept pitching Nicola Yoon and I was all JAY KRISTOFF JAY KRISTOFF JAY KRISTOFFFF! I met not only Christine but Jennifer Javier which is a PRH rep! Guys, she's so elegant! Honey Peralta, another lovely PRH rep, was there too and I loved how she asked questions about blogging, Snap Chat (I never used this app so am clueless), the panel prior the tea party and a lot more bookish things. Honey made me feel an important part of the bookish community because she asked like she needed my answers? You know? That feeling? I wasn't able to talk much to Jennifer because she's at the other end of the table.


I also met new bloggers because of this Tea Party! I met Nicka of Read by Nicka, Beatrice of Beatrice Learns to Read and Jasmine of Jasmine Pearl Reads! Jhed of When Books Defy Gravity, Camelle of Home of A Book Blogger, JM of Book Freak Revelations, Hazel of Stay Bookish and Kai of Ammaterasu Reads are all old friends of mine and aaaaah, so happy to see them all!


Group photo with these lovely peeps! Can't thank them enough for making me a part of this amazing meet-up!


Honey and Jennifer
With Christine

Aside from treating us yummy food, PRH Global Team gifted us these books! I wasn't able to take a photo of the Penguin Tote. The Peculiar Tote, movie poster and pins I hosted a giveaway for on Twitter! Such thrilling gift pack from the team! That Unforgiven copy is signeeeeed (JDHSUIYDUAHSDKJAHDFJKH!!!!) plus 2017 galleys!! *CUE SHRIEKING!!!!!*


Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children #1) by Ransom Riggs (Movie Tie-In cover)
Unforgiven (Fallen #5) by Lauren Kate (SIGNEDDDDDD!!!!!!)
10 Things I Can See from Here by Carrie Mac
Because of the Sun by Jenny Torres Sanchez
Poison's Kiss (Poison's Kiss #1) by Breeana Shields
▴ Penguin Tote
▴ Peculiar Tote
▴ Peculiar Movie Poster
▴ Peculiar buttons

Thank you ever so much bloggers, Honey, Jennifer. Christine and PRH Global Team for making this happen! So happy to met you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...