Tuesday, October 25, 2016

MEETING THE AUTHOR: MORGAN MATSON.

Where I relive the experience and share all the feels before, during and after meeting these fantastic authors WHO ARE BASICALLY LIFE.
Back in September (17 to be exact), National Bookstore once again filled my bookish heart with such warm love. They brought one of the authors I wanted to meet. I honestly haven't read any books from this author (I did DNF one though) but Second Chance Summer has been on my radar for a long time now. I guess I was just waiting for the right time with good enough reasons to hoard her books because I bought them all without batting an eyelash and thank you, Morgan, for signing them.


Morgan Matson is definitely tall and pretty! She also has a Canadian accent! Sorry if I am obviously clueless! Anyway, my blogger friends asked questions and 3 lovely ladies flew in all the way from Cebu for this event! Talk about dedication! I haven't read any of her books but I am so ready to marathon them especially now that I needed a comtemporary fix.


Her answers are found here:

I didn't record the Q and A so hehe I don't remember much of what was discussed. But I distinctly remember this very awkward thing when I was in front of Morgan. I was just literally quiet the whole time she was signing. I couldn't come up with any questions because I haven't read any of her books plus my neurons are dead that time so the moment of silence just fucking dragged haha! You wouldn't know how long 20 seconds is until you are in that exact situation. Anyway, I saw her nailart and a little convo started from there. Gaaad how embarrassing! But she asked me questions about nailart (which thankfully I have knowledge of, ha!) but she practically initiated the convo. She's so nice, guys. Thanks for saving me, Morgan, from completely falling into a puddle of my own embarrassment.


She has a very touching message for us, Filipino readers and I will upload it later tonight so make sure you watch this page up for the video.



"A thousand moments that I had just taken for granted- mostly because I had assumed that there would be a thousand more." - Second Chance Summer

"I'd always loved the chance to become someone else for a few hours. Someone for whom the words had been written, every gesture and emotion plotted, and the ending figured out. Almost like life. Just without the surprises." - Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

Thank you so much, National Bookstore for this wonderful chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...