Monday, December 19, 2016

REVIEW: THE BOYFRIEND BACKTRACK BY DAWN LANUZA.

Title: The Boyfriend Backtrack
Author: Dawn Lanuza
Series: Standalone
Edition: Paperback
Publication: September 2015 by Anvil Publishing
Source: Bought from National Bookstore
Pages: 161
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary

Synopsis:
If they say that life flashes right before your eyes when you die, do you also get a flashback of your exes when your perfect boyfriend is proposing to you? At least that's the case for Regina Cortez. There's her dramatic high school boyfriend, her first college crush, the irresistible heart breaker, and the ever elusive one. By backtracking to her past, will Regina make it to 'I Do'? Or will she just keep running away?
PURCHASE THE BOOK HERE:

HELLEW CHASE SEVILLA YOU BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING YOU OMG I AM BABBLING

What? I loved The Boyfriend Backtrack by Dawn Lanuza like I love Blueberry Cheesecakes! This book is a quick read and truly an enjoyable one! I am now obsessed with Dawn's writing and I cannot wait to breeze through her other works!

The Boyfriend Backtrack is just the perfect New Adult novel for me. AS IN PERFECT I-NEEDED-THIS-BOOK-AT-THIS-VERY-MOMENT PERFECT. The setting is here in the Philippines and I am of course familiar with where this one took place and it gave me funny feelings because OMG FINALLY A BOOK I CAN HONESTLY SAY "I KNOW THAT DAMN PLACE!" (Especially the hospital because I've been there a lot of times) It's funny how Reg spaced out and had a flashback of all her exes when Kevin proposed to her. At the beginning of the book, I knew she's skeptical about the engagement because it's pretty much obvious but what I didn't expect was Reg legit went back tracking her exes for closure. I mean, that's just freaking weird, like, after years of not seeing seach other, you had to go find them just to tell them, like, why it didn't work out and stuff? DAMN CRAZY, RIGHT? I can relate to having anxiety/panic attacks when meeting people you actually don't really want to me at all but you kind of have to? Or like those confrontations you have to go through to finally close like whatever chapter in your life? All the feels right there! And she has this ex who wrote a song for her titled Devil Woman HAHAH OMG THAT IS JUST CRUEL BUT FUNNY BECAUSE WOW EX REALLY?! Her exes are weird af and Reg's face if so readable I was just laughing the entire time.

A slight downside though, the first person POV and narration's tense confused me a little bit.

Then we have Chase Sevilla who is actually a close friend of Reg since college. More like best friends. I loved Dawn's way of getting around this trope because I practically fell head over heels with Chase. He's the kind of guy one would actually fall for - SMART, handsome, tall, sexy, sweet, I don't want to say kind but he actually is - aaaah a lot more! He's sooooo easy to be with and he's probabaly the type I could talk to 24/7 because he's like that - like, you can just talk and he would be there for you anytime? Chase is not shallow but he can be for you just to keep the conversation going? He's that type! He's also a little bit cheesy aaaaah all I am saying is he's THE perfect package! (He's also a doctor so that's a MAJOR bonus!)

Maaaaaan, if you need a refreshing read and a story you can 100% relate to, pick up The Boyfriend Backtrack. This book is a source of happy feels!

"You only fall in love once, The rest are just endless rebounds."

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book too! Especially Dawn's writing. Though I'm more invested towards the non-canon ship in this book (JoshxLeslie FTW!) than the main ship. I don't know what's wrong with me but mas kinikilig ako sa dalawa (even though they have limited interaction in the book). :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand! I liked them too and wish there's another novel for them!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...