Friday, September 15, 2017

#MIBF2017 SHOPPING EXPERIENCE!


This is my fourth time attending the Manila International Book Fair and as expected, it was tiring BUT SO MUCH FUN! This year I only get to roam the ground floor with Gavin. I stayed for about 2 hours but damn son, my mortal body could no longer endure it. I was only planning to get TWO books but who am I kidding, right? Brought home 6 books and I could die happy.

I just went directly to FullyBooked's booth because the number one book I was hoping to get was there and I crossed all crossables that it's still there! GLAD TO REPORT I BAGGED THE LAST (HB) PIECE OF MORE HAPPY THAN NOT! WOOOOOOT!! When Dimple Me Rishi was the second book I was hoping to buy but according to the lovely staff, they didn't get any HBs yet and they aren't sure when they would get stocks. So I think I'll just order from Book Depo. Then Crooked Kingdom was just on the other shelf so I also got a copy. QUEEN LB YO! Anyway, I went then to National Bookstore (of course, I would) and was seriously contemplating about buying books for Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian's signing but I realized I had to buy like 6 books for the signing so meeeh, I didn't push through with it. Instead, I grabbed 3 Anvil Books and Strange the Dreamer!


BOUGHT:
ANVIL BOOTH
- Kids These Days (Stories from Luna East Arts Academy Vol. 1) by various Filipino authors
- The Year We Became Invincible by Mae Coyiuto
- Simply Joei by Clare Elisabeth Marquez

NATIONAL BOOKSTORE:
- Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer #1) by Laini Taylor

FULLYBOOKED:
- Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera (!!!!!!!!)

These are the books I sacrificed my allowance for two weeks for but hell, these are worth it! AND THE HAPPINESS I FEEL WHENEVER I GET NEW BOOKS IS BLOODYDAMN (I just referenced Red Rising!) PRICELESS! WOULDN'T EXCHANGE IT FOR ANYTHING ELSE! I've titled this "Shipping Experience" because I think this is the first time IN A WHILE that I have spent this much on books? HAHA OMGGGGG WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE

Here is my live-tweet thread: MIBF2017

How many books did you get?

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you got the book you most wanted!! :D Great haul and Happy Reading!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAY FOR SNAGGING THAT LAST COPY OF MHTN, KATE! Serious question though: do you only buy HBs? I mean, expect for local titles which are only available in PB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I collect HBs and rarely buy PBs -- unless it's Romance Class and I really, really like the book :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...