Saturday, March 5, 2016

STACKING THE SHELVES (70): THE HOMECOMING EDITION.


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that showcases newly acquired books or goodies we bought, received or borrowed during the week.
I went to Fullybooked, Fort a few weeks ago because I was trying to find myself a copy of Me Before You. I scoured all of the nearest bookstores I know within my area but it was sold out. Since Fullybooked, Fort has been my home for a couple of years, I kind of missed it as well so I visited. Good thing I saw my favorite staff (Hi, Chitz and Joyce! Your faces are just so welcoming!). I stayed there for a good hour and found (of course) a lot of books I want. I grabbed hardbound copies of The Winner's Crime, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, Ensnared, Everything, Everything, My Heart and other Black Holes and The Orphan Queen. I knew then that I would go over my book budget but I wanted to bag everything I touch. But while I was roaming around feeling the good vibes in my previous home, I saw 2 books that were 50% off. I immediately grabbed Infinite and Eve and Adam! Been wanting Eve and Adam for so long and Infinite would complete my trilogy so those two had to be brought home. However, just like what I always do, I needed to sit in a corner and pick the books I wanted the most. So I had to let some go and picked these gems instead:


BOUGHT:
▲ Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
▲ My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
Infinite (Newsoul #3) by Jodi Meadows
Eve & Adam (Eve & Adam #1) by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate

Even though I still went overboard with the books I got, I am absolutely satisfied. Up until this day, they are still on the plastic bag because a) I've got no space to put them on and b) I still feel like it was just yesterday when I got them home. I've been saving a lot not only for personal reasons but for upcoming book sales! There is no stopping me this time!

What did you get this week, guys?

Thank you ever so much Chitz and Joyce of Fullybooked, Fort for being so friendly and enthusiastic -- your warm welcome is one of the things I keep coming back to!

14 comments:

  1. Great haul this week! Aren't book sales the best?! I hope you love your new books :) Happy reading!!
    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Especially when you get books you really like with discounts!

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I added Everything Everything too, just in paperback :) My Heart and other Black Holes has also been on my TBR for a while now. I should finally get a copy.

    Here's my Stacking The Shelves and it's a vacation edition, so filled with a LOT of books :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAH! I LOVE BOOKSTORES, AND BUYING SO MUCH MORE THAN YOU PLANNED! I was once with my friend who took me to my local bookstore on my birthday - I got like ten books, and insisted on holding them all, because I NEVER wanted to let them go! YAY!

    Have a lovely time with your lovely books!

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some wonderful books this week. I hope you love all of your new books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought Everything, Everything, a few weeks ago, but haven't read it yet. It looks great, though. Have a wonderful week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything, Everything is everything!!! Enjoy!

    Check our STS

    Leydy @ OUaT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought Everything Everything last week and I'm really hoping to find the time to read it soon. I read Eve & Adam a couple of years ago and it was more of an 'okay' read for me. It has an interesting concept but it's not something I rave about. And My Heart and Other Black Holes I heard is like a hit or miss. It's either you love it or you just find it 'okay'.

    I hope you enjoy your new books!! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't read reviews of books I haven't read yet but MHAOBH and Everything, Everything are books I've seen the ratings for. I've also heard so many great things about these but I don't want to think about the hype. It gets me pressured and makes me expect so high.

      I hope we both enjoy our recently hauled books! Thanks for dropping by, Czai!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...