Saturday, March 12, 2016

STACKING THE SHELVES (71): THE PRE-LOVED EDITION.


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that showcases newly acquired books or goodies we bought, received or borrowed during the week.
I've had the time (multitasking while at work) to search the internet for book sellers locally. I managed to order three books online and bought one book from Lyra of Defiantly Deviant. All three pre-loved books were somehow disappointing because a) when I hear people say the book is in mint condition, I trust their word for it and b) Nikki Larin is the worst book seller ever. She won't reply and it took a while for the book to be shipped. She was rude and this would be the first and last time I will buy from her. The books I bought online had creases and OMG THE DUST JACKETS WERE TAPED I couldn't get them to come off! (photo1, photo2) Anyway, I won't stop buying pre-loved books but I won't order for a while. I just ordered a box of goodies from BookOutlet and I cannot wait for the books to get here!



BOUGHT:
🔼 Shine by Lauren Myracle (from IG: There were creases on the cover)
🔼 Everything Leads To You by Nina Lacour (from Nikki. Dirty dust jacket that good thing I was able to wipe clean but the tapes on the edges of the jacket just won't come off ugh)
🔼 The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord (from Lyra. AMAZING CONDITION)
🔼 Struck (Struck #1) by Jennifer Bosworth (from IG: an old stock)


I am all in all okay with these purchases and totes happy with The Start of Me and You. For the online sellers especially those selling pre-loved books, I have trust issues now HAHA. But I shouldn't expect much, right?

What did you get this week?

6 comments:

  1. I just placed a way too big order from Bookoutlet. I usually do one big one a year and I guess this one is it. Sorry about your orders this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first time ordering online. I am kind of nervous but I cannot contain the excitement! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Its so hard when ordering used books online - I never know whether I can trust the description either. I stick w/ Amazon for used books now so I can easily return them if they arrive in an undesirable condition.
    Bambi's StS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORE The Start of Me and You!!!! It's such a fantastic story. And Max is too adorable for words!!! I hope you enjoy your new goodies!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...