Wednesday, March 2, 2016

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (49): GEMINA BY JAY KRISTOFF AND AMIE KAUFMAN.

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine that highlights our much anticipated books.
Expected Publication Date: October 18, 2016
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Add to Goodreads

Moving to a space station at the edge of the galaxy was always going to be the death of Hanna’s social life. Nobody said it might actually get her killed.

Hanna Donnelly is the station captain’s pampered daughter; Nik Malikov the reluctant member of a notorious crime family. But while the pair are struggling with the realities of life aboard the galaxy's most boring space station, little do they know that Kady Grant and the Hypatia are headed right toward Heimdall, carrying news of the Kerenza invasion.

When an elite BeiTech strike team invades the station, Hanna and Nik are thrown together to defend their home. But alien predators are picking off the station residents one by one, and a malfunction in the station's wormhole means the space-time continuum might be ripped in two before dinner. Soon Hanna and Nik aren’t just fighting for their own surivival; the fate of everyone on the Hypatia—and possibly the known universe—is in their hands.

But relax. They've totally got this. They hope.
I finally posted my long overdue review of Illuminae this week HERE and I was surprised how the words just came out smoothly and continuously. As I've said, I tried writing my review last year but I failed. Anyway, Joyce Lamb of Happy Ever After USA Today revealed the cover of Gemina yesterday HERE and it was glorious piece of art! I find it so fitting that I posted my review at the right time because my Twitter feed was being flooded by Gemina cover love! Then I read the author interview and Jay's blog and the excitement just went in deep! What's even more fun was that Jay announced HERE that JEM-ih-nuh is going to be 672 pages looong and I couldn't be any happier! More sassy characters, more heart breaks, more chances to bask in humor and laugh my ass out loud, more space invasions AND MORE MORE JAY AND AMIE --- AAAAAH OCTOBER, COME HERE RIGHT NOW, DOUBLE TIME! DOUBLE TIMEEEEEEE!
Thank you again Penguin Random House for my Illuminae ARC you sent last year!


10 comments:

  1. Oh I have seen this pop up a few times this week!! Will need to check it out!!

    Pop over and check out my Waiting On Wednesday this week

    Shubba @ Wee Shubba's World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're quick! I desperately need this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this on a few other blogs already, I just got Illuminae and haven't read it yet, but apparently I've still got time :p

    Here's my WoW @ Swissbookworm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing this around a lot today! I still need to read Illuminae though. Didn't realize it was going to be a series.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES^^ This is my pick this week so of course, I had to stop by and comment! Illuminae was EPIC and I am dying to see how hard our minds will be blown (again) in Gemina! Awesome pick!! New follower GFC, Bloglovin' G+ and Twitter :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...