Saturday, March 19, 2016

STACKING THE SHELVES (72): THE STAR WARS EDITION.


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that showcases newly acquired books or goodies we bought, received or borrowed during the week.
So last week's STS post, I mentioned that I won't buy books for a while since I bought a box of sweet goodies from BookOutlet (I currently have 8 books on my cart waiting to be checked out oh so help me God). Book Buying Ban is definitely up from today till probably June but with exemption. We'll be having book signing events in the next coming months (SO SO EXCITED!!) so I need to get books for those events. Anyway, I got these books last Monday from National Bookstore in SM Mall of Asia branch because I need them. Like, legit need. I have an ARC of Illuminae but I need the finished copy and then I just saw a second hardback edition that is the Library Edition! Me Before You movie will hit cinemas this June. I want to read the book before seeing the movie. Me Before You has been out of stock for the longest time, thankfully, National Bookstore's order came in right on time.

Umm, about the toys (I call them The Guardians of the Library). There's this small mall near my workplace and they have one store there that sells Gundam and Legos. So when I visited two nights ago, I saw these Star Wars Converge kits! I bought 3 and Polaris bought me 2! I am not a fan of Legos so when I saw these Converge ones, I knew I had to get them. Unfortunately, this line up released by Bandai didn't come with BB-8 so my Funko cherry was popped last night! I finally bought my first Funko. Why did I wait this long? I was also given a Super Deformed EX-Standard Astray Red Frame Gundam, I just didn't include it in the photo.

So what now? I dunno. I just can't stop staring at my BB-8 Funko. I AM SICKENINGLY HAPPY!


BOUGHT: (Toys)
BB-8 Funko Pop
Bandai Star Wars Converge Kit: Stormtrooper
Bandai Star Wars Converge Kit: Darth Vader
Bandai Star Wars Converge Kit: R2-D2

GIFTED:
Bandai Star Wars Converge Kit: Jango Fett
Bandai Star Wars Converge Kit: Clone Trooper
SD Gundam Ex-Standard Astray  Red Frame

BOOKS:
Me Before You (Me Before You #1) by Jojo Moyes
Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff 

Thank you to Polaris for the toys, Toytown Glorietta, Hobbies and Comics MCS and National Bookstore Mall of Asia!

28 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about Illuminae and I really want to buy a copy but I can't find one whenever I go to the NBS near my place. I should probably reserve a copy from Fully though I keep forgetting. I considered buying the kindle version but they suggested to buy the physical copy because of the cover. Is the library binding the same as the one with the acetate/transparent cover everyone's raving about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend you buy from NBS. :p The Library Ed has the same cover design as with the acetated one, only a little more expensive. Also, YOU NEED TO READ ILLUMINAE. NEED.

      Delete
  2. ILLUMINAE! I NEED. It's hasn't been released in my country *looks in the couch for importing money*

    So much for book buying bans, right? Mine NEVER last!

    Great Post - and ALL the Star Wars stuff is SO cute!

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/2016/03/stacking-shelves-7-one-where-i-leave.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get it from Book Depository!! It is a MUST read! Thanks for dropping by, Aditi!

      Delete
  3. I love both Illuminae and Me Before You. Get some tissues ready. Happy Saturday!
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read Illuminae and have about 40 pages left on Me Before You!

      Delete
  4. Great haul! I loved Me Before You and Illuminae, so I hope you'll enjoy them too! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Illuminae was such a wonderful book! I loved it. I just got Me Before You a couple of weeks ago and cannot wait to dive in.

    Oh, and we have the BB-8 funko pop as well. I bought it for my husband for Valentine's Day. He is so cute!

    Have a great weekend!

    Alexis @ Stay at Home Reader

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Star Wars stuff is so cute! I bought a Rey funko pop the other day. Also Illuminae is the most beautiful book ever. You made a great choice! Hope you enjoy :)

    My STS Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice toys! :) I hope you enjoy Illuminae! I've heard really great things about it and can't wait to get my hands on it.

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet set of goodies! Loved Illuminae. Happy playing and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun stuff! I do not have the restraint for a book ban. Oh well, there are worst things....

    Have a great week. New follower.

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome haul. Book bans don't work for me at all. I hope you love all of your new books. Illuminae was amazing.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY for Illuminae! That book is SO SO good--but be careful! There are some tear-jerker moments...and moments you might be tempted to rip the book apart. It broke me several times while reading!

    Great haul this week--and good look on your book buying ban! Here's hoping you stay strong--I never can. XD

    Happy book-ing!...and here's my StS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice haul! Enjoy it all! I got Illuminae at BEA but I never had a chance to read it. I hear good things! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  13. I understand what you mean about being on a book buying ban. I'm trying to be frugal, too about how I spend my $$$. We'll be attending BEA in May so I'm sure we'll be getting some goodies there. In the meantime, we're limiting ourselves as much as possible. By the way, Me Before You is excellent! I loved it and I'm looking forward to the movie. Hope you enjoy your books; here's ours: Bibliojunkies Happy reading! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Bel! Thank you so much for dropping by! I wanna read the book first before seeing the movie and I just love Sam Claflin!!

      Delete
  14. I love your little Bandai guardians! Fantastic! Illuminae is one I still need to get my hands on when I have freed up some space on my shelves lol. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...