Thursday, March 17, 2016

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (51): THE STAR-TOUCHED QUEEN BY ROSHANI CHOKSHI.


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine that highlights our much anticipated books.
Expected Publication Date: April 26, 2016
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Add to Goodreads

Cursed with a horoscope that promises a marriage of Death and Destruction, sixteen-year-old Maya has only earned the scorn and fear of her father's kingdom. Content to follow more scholarly pursuits, her world is upheaved when her father, the Raja, arranges a wedding of political convenience to quell outside rebellions. But when her wedding takes a fatal turn, Maya becomes the queen of Akaran and wife of Amar. Yet neither roles are what she expected. As Akaran's queen, she finds her voice and power. As Amar's wife, she finds friendship and warmth.

But Akaran has its own secrets - thousands of locked doors, gardens of glass, and a tree that bears memories instead of fruit. Beneath Akaran's magic, Maya begins to suspect her life is in danger. When she ignores Amar's plea for patience, her discoveries put more than new love at risk - it threatens the balance of all realms, human and Otherworldly.

Now, Maya must confront a secret that spans reincarnated lives and fight her way through the dangerous underbelly of the Otherworld if she wants to protect the people she loves.

Inspired by Indian mythology.
I am currently reading Rebel of the Sands and this book is touched by Arabic inspiration. I AM LOVING EVERY WORD FROM IT! So when I heard that TSTQ is inspired by Indian Mythology, I am immediately sold! YOU HAD ME AT "INSPIRED BY INDIAN MYTHOLOGY"!! I need diverse books not only characters but the story as a whole. I know there would be generic tropes but the concept? SO MUCH WIN.

What did you pick this week?

12 comments:

  1. Agreed! I love the fact that this is getting such excellent reviews! :) Great choice, Kate!

    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy we are getting a lot of diverse stories lately! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Ahh, that pretty cover: I love the colors, the girl treading the midnight sky strewn w/ stars, and the Indian castle on the horizon.

    Will look out for this title!

    Here's my WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I'll have to keep an eye on this one. Thank you for stopping by at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya twin pick! :D

    I actually got sold at Indian mythology as well, and from all the praises, this one is going to be well worth the wait (the other Indian mythology book was just awful). ^_^

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts and In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my inspired by Indian Mythology? I am ALL OVER THIS! Great choice -- and thanks for coming over to my blog last week. I am finally catching up with my comments after a HECTIC week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like such a great premise! Plus, that cover is amazing! By the way, I am seeing Alwyn Hamilton tomorrow, so if you have any questions you would like to ask her, just let me know on my latest post! I hope you love the book. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huwaaaaaaat! Meeting authors are just the best! Hope you enjoy! And I did love her book!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...