Wednesday, March 23, 2016

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (52): THREE DARK CROWNS BY KENDARE BLAKE.


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine that highlights our much anticipated books.
Expected Publication Date: September 20th 2016
Publisher: HarperTeen
Add to Goodreads

Every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born: three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.

But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins. The last queen standing gets the crown.

If only it was that simple. Katharine is unable to tolerate the weakest poison, and Arsinoe, no matter how hard she tries, can’t make even a weed grow. The two queens have been shamefully faking their powers, taking care to keep each other, the island, and their powerful sister Mirabella none the wiser. But with alliances being formed, betrayals taking shape, and ruthless revenge haunting the queens’ every move, one thing is certain: the last queen standing might not be the strongest…but she may be the darkest.

Young adult high-fantasy has been on a high note in the blogosphere lately. Well I mean, beautiful books just keep getting published in such fast rate that I couldn't keep up because I want them all! The trends lately are calligraphy fonts (these are mostly seen on contemporaries) and then crownish titles or gownish covers are to swoon for. The pattern is just obvious and I kind of love them all.

I loved Kendare's Anna Dressed in Blood and I've been really wanting to read more from the author. So when I saw Three Dark Crowns? Crownish? Queens? Evil Queen? Triplet queens with powers to go Hunger Games on each other? PLEASE, ARC GODDESS, SEND ME ONE ADVANCE COPY BECAUSE I NEED THIS LIKE YESTERDAY. OMG I CANNOT EVEN


What are your pick/s this week?

10 comments:

  1. YES! Awesome choice, Kate. I'm definitely excited to read THREE DARK CROWNS too. I'm ready for the fallout that's expected when the lies are exposed and betrayal is imminent. Is it strange that every time I read the book summary, I kind of want to laugh evilly and cheer on the most power hungry sister?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lizzzzz!!!! I wanna learn who is going to be the wittiest of the three!

      Delete
  2. Sold, sold, sold! That summary is a killer! (No pun intended XD) I really liked her Anna Dressed in Blood series (but not her Goddess War series) and I have a feeling this book will make me love her books again. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG MY DEAREST FRIEND, THIS IS YOUR FIRST EVER COMMENT ON MY BLOG HAHA

      Delete
  3. This book seems very intriguing, I add it on my tbr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very cool concept here! Triplet queens is definitely a first, and I like that it's not necessarily the most powerful who is the darkest. Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/03/23/unattractive-vampire-book-rec/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!!! I absolutely love this concept, and the cover is AWESOME. I'll be over here praying for an arc too... hope we both love it!
    here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the blurb sounds pretty intriguing. Definitely adding it to my tbr! :-)

    - Poulami @ Daydreaming Books

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...