Saturday, October 27, 2012

STACKING THE SHELVES (03): THE OCTOBER 2012 HAUL EDITION.

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that showcases newly acquired books or goodies we bought, received or borrowed during the week.

I've gone overboard again and completely blew my book budget so for the whole month of November, book buying ban will be in effect. It saddens me because Reached, among others, will be released by then but I just have to discipline myself and learn how to stick with the budget allotted for books. So this would be my last post for this meme but I'll see you on December. *finger's crossed*

I was lucky to get a copy of Every Day from a pre-loved book seller online. The book is just recently released as you all know so I was ecstatic to purchase it half its original price plus it's still in a very great condition. Then Unspoken was gifted to me by a friend. It was like we exchanged gifts because I also bought a gift for her. It was supposed to be The Raven Boys but when I learned that we have copies of Unspoken locally, I asked her to get it instead.

I have a line of books to purchase but as I've said, book buying ban will be effective next month. So all I could do as of the moment is to be jealous of you guys! :)


BOUGHT:
🔼 Every Day by David Levithan

GIFTED:
🔼 Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan

But please check out my Spill the Feels post: How do you take care of your books? Comment on it and let's talk!

28 comments:

  1. Great books! I've heard good things about both. I hope you enjoy them!

    My STS

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sabina! <3 Am so excited about both but a little bit more about Unspoken!

      Delete
  2. Both of these are on my to read list. I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adored Unspoken! :) I really hope you do as well.

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I've heard both books are so good! New follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy your new books! Sorry to hear you will have to be on a book buying ban though I definitely understand. =/ Happy reading! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Stacking the Shelves you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to buy Unspoken it sounds so awesome.
    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every day sounds interesting. Nice haul of books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read Unspoken! It sounds so, so good. Enjoy your books!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard so much about Unspoken, I hope you enjoy! :)
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to read Unspoken, I almost forgot I have a copy of that too!

    Happy weekend!
    Braine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! And Good luck with your book buying ban! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I desperately want to read Every Day and Unspoken, they both look amazing! :D

    My book haul: http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/10/stacking-shelves-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I live the premise for Every Day and I really want it to come out for the Kindle in the UK... especially as I'm currently Dash & Lily's Book of Dares.

    Enjoy your reads.

    Please check out my haul for this week at http://resolution-corner.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/showcase-sundayletterbox-lovestacking_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! I wouldn't be able to read them because I have to follow my reading schedule but I've heard so many good things about these titles! Am excited!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...