Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (11): FALLING KINGDOMS BY MORGAN RHODES.

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine that highlights our much anticipated books.
*04/2016 EDIT: Tweaking the format to match the new blog theme.*

Expected Publication Date: December 11, 2012
Publisher: Razorbill
Add to Goodreads
In a land where magic has been forgotten but peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest is simmering. Three kingdoms grapple for power--brutally transforming their subjects' lives in the process. Amidst betrayals, bargains, and battles, four young people find their fates forever intertwined:

Cleo: A princess raised in luxury must embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of a magic long thought extinct.

Jonas: Enraged at injustice, a rebel lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country impoverished--and finds himself the leader of a people's revolution centuries in the making.

Lucia: A girl adopted at birth into a royal family discovers the truth about her past--and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.

Magnus: Bred for aggression and trained to conquer, a firstborn son begins to realize that the heart can be more lethal than the sword.

The only outcome that's certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?

Just by reading the synopsis, it makes me cringe with delight! This is one good example how I easily fall in love with books with such interesting summary especially under high fantasy genre for YA. It surely gives this A Game of Thrones vibes. I've also seen its book trailer HERE and it gives me chills! If you've played Tomb Raider for PSP, you'd know what I am talking about! And I just found out that the author Morgan Rhodes is Michelle Rowen's pseudo name.

What did you pick this week?

21 comments:

  1. I am sooo excited for this! I love Michelle Rowen and this sounds too awesome! I've heard nothing but amazing things! New follower!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually read books that fall under the genre of fantasy but I'm willing to give this a shot. Great pick! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lyra! Hope this one is as awesome as it sounds! <3

      Delete
  3. Oooh, YA epic fantasy! I'll surely check this out <3

    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo great pick! I've heard a ton of great buzz for this one, thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That one's on my TBR list for sure! LOVE high fantasy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen the book on GoodReads but I wont read it until I read some reviews. It sounds interesting but I want to be sure. I hope you enjoy the book when it comes out. Nice pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know that Michelle Rowen wrote this book. How awesome! Tomb Raider was a lot of fun to play!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am adding this to my TBR

    Braine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was lucky enough to pick this one up in a swap and I can't wait! AHHHHHHHH SOUNDS AWESOME!

    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm VERY excited for the release of Falling Kingdoms! It's a high fantasy novel I definitely won't be missing. Great pick, Kate!

    Liz @ Midnight Bloom Reads

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...