Wednesday, October 31, 2012

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY (13): THE NIGHTMARE AFFAIR BY MINDEE ARNETT.

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine that highlights our much anticipated books.

*04/2016 EDIT: Tweaking the format to match the new blog theme.*


Expected Publication Date: March 5, 2013
Publisher: Tor Teen
Add to Goodreads
16-year-old Dusty Everhart breaks into houses late at night, but not because she’s a criminal. No, she’s a Nightmare. Literally. Dusty is a magical being who feeds on human dreams.

Being the only Nightmare at Arkwell Academy, a boarding school for magickind, and living in the shadow of her mother’s infamy is hard enough. But when Dusty sneaks into Eli Booker’s house, things get a whole lot more complicated. He’s hot, which means sitting on his chest and invading his dreams couldn’t get much more embarrassing. But it does. Eli is dreaming of a murder. The setting is Arkwell.

And then it comes true.

Now the Dusty has to follow the clues—both within Eli’s dreams and out of them—to stop the killer before more people turn up dead. And before the killer learns what she’s up to and marks her as the next target.

This is a very refreshing premise for me in YA. Though it sounds a little bit like the movies Inception and Monster's Inc, I couldn't wait to know how this story would be told and how much I would like or dislike it. It really sounds awesome!

What did you pick this week?

35 comments:

  1. I've seen this one a few times lately. I'm not sure if I will read it or not but thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already have this one on my to-read list and I can't wait to get my hands on it. It sounds pretty good and I would love to give it a try. Great pick! I hope you like it when you get the chance to read it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks cool!
    I definitely have to add it to my TBR pile. It has a different premise from the things I usually read, but it still sounds interesting. :D
    Thanks for dropping by the blog! (btw, you HAVE to read the Iron Fey series-it's technically finished, HAHA. Definitely worth it-even through the cliffhangers)

    Thanks for dropping by!
    -Tiffany@Read, Breathe, Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't following your blog yet either? :O -mindblown-
      well, now I am. HAHA

      Delete
  4. Ooh nice! Haven't heard of this but the cover looks familiar!

    Thanks for visiting and following my blog! I follow you now too, follower 111! ;D



    Have a GREAT day!

    NEW Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I don't remember reading the summary before, but I agree with Jessica, the cover looks familiar - must add it to my TBR list.
    If you want, please come check out my "Waiting On" Wednesday:

    http://bookreviewsatlyrics.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/meme-waiting-on-wednesday-1-just-one-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was my WOW a coupe months ago! I can not wait to read it ^^ If you haven't already read it The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski has a sort of similar synopsis and I really enjoyed that novel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like fun!! I am definitely adding it to my tbr! Great pick!

    Our WoW for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been waiting on The Nightmare Affair for a while too! It sounds awesome. :) I hope we both love it!

    My WoW - Pulse

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds really cool. I hadn't heard of it before. I'll definitely want to check it out.

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!
    Jenny - new follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. new and fresh kinda story. feel free to check out mine...
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely looking forward to this one, it's going to be awesome!!! Great pick :)

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that this one is going to be great! I've been waiting on it a while now, so I really hope it's as good as I'm expecting it to be. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh!! I love the sound of this! It's so different from everything else I've ever read before. I'm soooo adding this one to by TBR! Thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by!

    Followed back :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, it does sound pretty unique in the YA genre! It's definitely on my list, but the release date seems so far away. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh I love books that have magical schools! This one sounds a bit like Hex Hall which I really liked, so I'm definitely adding it to my TBR pile. And I'm super interested in how Dusty is a Nightmare, I agree that it's a new kind of paranormal! Thanks for following and stopping by our blog. :)

    -Alysson @ Thought Casters

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to read this one! It sounds so amazing :)

    Thanks for stopping by and following. I'm now following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a nightmare! I can't wait to read a fully book about this type of paranormal creature. Reminds me of Sabine from Soul Screamers. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want this book SO BADLY. I featured it a few weeks back. It sounds amazing! Great WoW choice.

    Thanks for stopping by The Book Slayer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...