Saturday, May 28, 2016

STACKING THE SHELVES (77): THE BOOK DEPOSITORY HAUL EDITION.

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that showcases newly acquired books or goodies we bought, received or borrowed during the week.

Let me just share my experience with Book Depository.

It was my first time ordering from the site around last week of February. I was really, really looking forward to getting myself a copy of this book so I thought, as my first order, this one would be perfect. The book was around 11$. Thankfully, the purchase was successful. I never had issues receiving books from the said site in the past. My book blogger friend *Car* ordered Landline for us and she shipped it to my address. Got it right on time. However, my order never arrived so I went to our local PO and talked to the people there only to go home empty handed. I waited another week. Still nothing. Then Alex from Book Depository Customer Service was so kind to send me a replacement copy that actually didn't arrive. I was going ape shit crazy on Twitter because my local PO obviously had some fuckery happening but I was just absolutely disappointed. It was my first time experiencing lost parcel. Not one, but two lost parcels. Alex then processed my refund and I was so sad that I knew I won't order from them again.

So why am I posting this? Because my fucking parcels came in two months late. First order was received March 8 I think and the second one was April 14 (I cannot remember the exact dates on the parcel) but fuck it, it was such a huge relief that the books were still mint. I quickly emailed Alex and asked him how I could pay them back.

So there. I hope this story is worth all the trouble. I really do hope it is.



What am I going to do with my extra copy? Who's up for a giveaway?

Thanks a bunch, Book Depository!

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! that's a terrible experience! But I don't quite understand. Was it the Book Depo's fault now or your post service? Luckily all my parcels always arrived. :3

    Hope you'll really enjoy reading this book, though! (And better it arrives late, then never)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never ordered from Book Depository, but "ugh" our PO. They need to change whatever system they have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for that horrible experience. :/ I've never actually ordered from the Book Depository, but I know that a lot of people do.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...