Saturday, June 11, 2016

STACKING THE SHELVES (79): THE BOOK SALE STORE HAUL EDITION.

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews that showcases newly acquired books or goodies we bought, received or borrowed during the week.
There's a small Book Sale Store near where I work and I pass it everyday going home. I frequently visit but don't really buy anything since their YA books are so SO limited. However, a few weeks ago for two consecutive days, I was able to snag some titles from there. Pretty much pre-loved but still in crisp condition. Talk about being lucky! I also bought one pre-loved book from my dear friend, Kai of Amaterasu Reads.

After I've watched X-MEN: Apocalypse, I tried to buy Magneto Funko but it took I think a week before I spotted it in Greenbelt. And the Sailormoon funkos were pre-ordered, I just got them Thursday night.

I am in love with this photo. Three things I love in one shot: Toys (Funkos), Books and Photography. My cheeks hurt from smiling too much!


BOUGHT: (From Book Sale Store)
🔼 The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus #3) by Rick Riordan
🔼 Doon (Doon #1) by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon
🔼 Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas

BOUGHT: (From Amaterasu Reads)
🔼 Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith

FUNKOS:
🔼 Magneto Funko from StokedInc, Greenbelt
🔼 Sailor Moon Mercury Funko from Hobbiestock, Glorietta
🔼 Sailor Moon with Luna Funko from Hobiestock, Glorietta

What did you get this week?

28 comments:

  1. Great haul! The Mark of Athena is so great! I really want to read Doon and Throne of Glass - I've heard such great things!

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My Book Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul of books. I really like the Funko dolls. They are adorable.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Magneto Funko looks so good! I want one! :D I read Doon a couple years ago, and it was a fun read. I didn't love it or anything, but it was really entertaining. I haven't read Throne of Glass even with all of the hype surrounding it. Great picks Kate! I haven't recently bought anything, but that's because I have plenty of books to keep me company at my place. :D

    Hope you're having a great weekend. :D
    Genni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope someday I would be able to say that too -- "I didn't buy books because I still have plenty to read". But right now, it's just impossible to stop especially when Book Outlet is going on sale!

      Delete
  4. I love those Sailor Moon Funkos! Doon and Throne of Glass are both on my to-read/TBR. ANd Rick Riordan's books in general need to still be read (Sad, I know that I haven't yet). I hope you enjoy all these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely haul :-) Wild Awake looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Throne of Glass and Doon! You're so lucky! :) I don't think we have Book Sale or any bookstores in Paseo de Roxas. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your Funkos! They're adorable :) I'm a new Twitter follower/old GFC follower :) Have a great weekend!

    Here's what I got!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOAH, look at the size of The Mark of Athena! I hadn't seen that one up-close, so I'm in awe. :D Such great novels you picked up! I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, Kate. :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed The Mark Of Athena (basically, if Rick Riordan wrote it, I will read it). The Funko dolls are so cute! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Throne of Glass! I really hope you enjoy reading that one. Doon was not one of my favorite reads though. It just couldn't pull me in. But, all those funkos!! Love them. Visitors to my blog are always welcome (so are followers!), so,please, if you'd like, stop by and see my StS here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Epppp! I love Sarah and TOG! Been a while since before it came out!

      Delete
  11. Cool selection! Throne of Glass is on my TBR list. Happy Reading! Here is my shelf https://awondrousbookshelf.com/2016/06/12/stacking-the-shelves-4/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute Pop! figures. I finally bought Throne of Glass around Christmas last year but still haven't read it. I did read ACOTAR though so I know I will get to TOG someday. I have heard mixed reviews about Doon but hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Haul! I loved reading Doon. Love the funkos. Hope you enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still haven't read anything by Rick Riordan but I know he's a great author! Happy reading :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...